What's new

Favourite instant coffee?

As some of you know I have to give up the brewed coffee for a while and am now able to tolerate drinking instant coffee. Its not the greatest, but it will do in a pinch. Just wondering if any of you have a particular favourite brand?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Folgers works in a pinch. The first sip is not that great but after that, it does the job.

Giant supermarket brand. It comes in glass and, to me, has a rich flavor.

Every now and then I drink instant coffee for whatever reason and this has been the best I've tried. Both the regular and decaf versions are great. I use the decaf if I'm drinking at night.

Chris

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Folgers works in a pinch. The first sip is not that great but after that, it does the job.
This was what I drank before my cardiac ablation. Had to be Decaf to avoid the good ole AFib. Folgers was the best of all I had tried. Closest to tasting like "real" coffee for me.

Good luck brother @Rusty Blade !

I have tried them all. I thought swiss would be the best as they invented the process.

If I do not want to wait until the espresso machine heats up for 1 cup, folgers for me.

After months and months of trying, this folgers is the best taste for me. It is the only one I've tried that I can drink without sugar.

proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don't typically stick instant unless I'm traveling and the brewed options aren't so great (or not around). Medaglia d'Oro is my favorite, but I like espresso. I often travel with a small jar, if I can manage it in my luggage. The aforementioned Cafe Bustelo also is pretty good and roughly the same price as Folgers instant. Pilon also is good.

I also like some of the Starbucks Via when I'm not looking for espresso. The Colombia medium roast usually is my favorite. Every one I've tried has been good, even if not airways quite to my taste. It's also easy to keep some packets in my travel bag.

While terribly convenient, though, Via also is terribly expensive.

I used to drink just regular Folgers but lately Ive explored more high end coffees and have come to like Folgers 1850, Caribou and Dunkin. I believe that Dunkin is just rebranded Folgers but its not bad.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Cuz it’s just a ranch thing. And it’s the only place where there is instant coffee.
Growing up when we were at the ranch grandma and grandpa always had Nescafé.

The one I drink most often is Nescafe. Mostly because it is widely available. Usually the one in the black/red packaging, but sometimes the gold blend.

I find the Japanese brand UCC to taste better. I have tried the UCC 117 but have not tried the UCC 114 yet. It is hard to find locally.

Top Bottom