What's new

Favourite grocery store coffee brands?

Stewarts's Private Blend, a Chicago area brand. It still comes in a metal can with a small plastic scoop included.
Whenever I go up north I always stock up on Arco coffee, a Superior WI. brand that's been around since the 1920's.

Lavazza Rossa is frequently on sale at the local supermarkets for $11.99 or $12.99 Canadian for a kilo of beans. Since we are talking about favourites.

I prescribe to the following:
  • Green Coffee stays fresh for years.
  • Once roasted, it's best to use within 5~10 days.
  • Once ground, it's best to use within 15~30 minutes.
I roast year round but when in a pinch I can get locally roasted coffee from my grocery store (also local)... and yes I am that guy checking the roast dates on the bag.

Here in Montana the best price and best quality is from Costco, I like all of the Kirkland brands and most of the other coffee they sell except for Starbucks, over roasted, too bitter, over priced. I've been drinking coffee all my life but now that I'm 73 years old I've cut down my intake. Now its two strong 12 oz. cups a day.

Depends on how I will be drinking it, coffee v espresso, hot or cold brew, time of year, etc., but in general these are my favorite beans available almost everywhere:

Illy
Pete's
Lavazza
Cafe Bustello
Community

I can't touch the regular bottom dwelling swill others have mentioned here. :chef:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I walk a short distance and buy the usual coffee from Gordon Food Services.

It's not that great , but I drink it.

Top Bottom