What's new

Favourite grocery store coffee brands?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A friend gave me a quantity of medium dark roasted beans yesterday. A friend of his had given him five pounds but didn’t tell him the brand. I ground some (not quite as fine as Bustelo) and ran it through my
Moca pot. The coffee was of excellent well rounded flavor, a bit lighter than Bustelo. I’m not sure how to describe the difference but perhaps crisper/more clarity. It was a lovely cup of coffee though. I may have to find out what it is. Anyway, I just wanted you know that I’m not a stubborn ole fogey stuck in his ways. Just an old fogey. 😊

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My wife mixes supermarket coffees and the result is usually pretty good. Eight o'Clock and Dunkin Donuts always seem to be the base, and then she adds whatever more posh supermarket coffees are on sale that week to varying degrees.

My wife mixes supermarket coffees and the result is usually pretty good. Eight o'Clock and Dunkin Donuts always seem to be the base, and then she adds whatever more posh supermarket coffees are on sale that week to varying degrees.
+1 for House Blend. Name it for your wife! DD and 8' o'Clock are a great starting point....

I used to do that too.

Daz Bog is headquartered in Denver. Used to drink it all the time. All local markets carry it. All their varieties are great. However, I've settled in with 'First Colony Organic Rainforest blend for a couple of years. Coffee perfection for me, and I'm picky about my coffee. 2LB bags are about 12 bucks at Costco (only place it can be found) Since they shut down their grinders now, I've gone back to grinding myself small batches. I found out it tastes better ground in my Kitchen Aid blade grinder.
1591330897209.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Daz Bog is headquartered in Denver. Used to drink it all the time. All local markets carry it. All their varieties are great. However, I've settled in with 'First Colony Organic Rainforest blend for a couple of years. Coffee perfection for me, and I'm picky about my coffee. 2LB bags are about 12 bucks at Costco (only place it can be found) Since they shut down their grinders now, I've gone back to grinding myself small batches. I found out it tastes better ground in my Kitchen Aid blade grinder.
View attachment 1109341
Hey all right. I just bought a pack of this stuff to give it a try. Great price. Hope it’s good!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
It depends on how I am making the coffee. In a Bialetti stovetop I like Bustelo and La Llave. For drip if it has come in a can I like Medaglia del Oro. My daily drip coffee is H-E-B whole bean Cafe Ole French roast, but Ruta Maya espresso roast is quite good and sometimes gets used if I am getting coffee at Randall's. For espresso I get way pickier.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hey all right. I just bought a pack of this stuff to give it a try. Great price. Hope it’s good!
Amazon strikes again. Package arrived. Ordered ground. Package label says ground. Package contents whole bean. They shipped out a replacement arriving today. I’ll bet ya a cup of coffee it’s whole bean.

Top Bottom