What's new

Favourite grocery store coffee brands?

I’m a decaf drinker on orders from my cardiologist. I drink Maud’s Mello Mood and Maud’s Tall Dark and Handsome. They are the best decaf coffees that I have found, and believe me, I’ve kissed a lot of frogs.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Caffe Kimbo Espresso Napoletano
Looking forward to trying it. Had not heard of the brand before. Thx
Have you tried this version? Or what do you use.

Not really, I use a Bialetti Moka, so I need the Moka grinding.

My favourite Kimbo is "Aroma Italiano". With a light/medium roasting it's a full-bodied, strong yet not bitter coffee. Excellent in every way.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Not really, I use a Bialetti Moka, so I need the Moka grinding.

My favourite Kimbo is "Aroma Italiano". With a light/medium roasting it's a full-bodied, strong yet not bitter coffee. Excellent in every way.
I tend to gravitate to dark roast but I’ll look for aroma Italiano in shopping around. I make a pot and a half most days so I’m going through the grinds.
Must say I’ve never been disappointed in your various recommendations. 😁

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I tend to gravitate to dark roast but I’ll look for aroma Italiano in shopping around. I make a pot and a half most days so I’m going through the grinds.
Must say I’ve never been disappointed in your various recommendations. 😁

Dark roastings make coffee taste bitter, which is not my liking. Most brands here have a Medium roasting because it's a balanced choice. I prefer a Light or Medium/Light roasting, as in the case of Aroma Italiano.

Your kind words are very much appreciated, thanks!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Dark roastings make coffee taste bitter, which is not my liking. Most brands here have a Medium roasting because it's a balanced choice. I prefer a Light or Medium/Light roasting, as in the case of Aroma Italiano.

Your kind words are very much appreciated, thanks!
Prego.

Favorite grocery store brand for me is Melitta. But if you count Costco as a grocery store, its Kirkland Signature dark roast in the 3-pound can is a good value.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I always smile when my friends from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean speak Italian. Some are so good in my mother tongue that I'm really seriously impressed.

Bravo, Rhody. :thumbup1:

According to Dean Martin, one only needs to know three words of Italian ...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Amazon strikes again. Package arrived. Ordered ground. Package label says ground. Package contents whole bean. They shipped out a replacement arriving today. I’ll bet ya a cup of coffee it’s whole bean.

Just order a grinder! Problem solved!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I always smile when my friends from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean speak Italian. Some are so good in my mother tongue that I'm really seriously impressed.

Bravo, Rhody. :thumbup1:
Fortunately the twin packs of kimbo are vacuum packs so I don’t need to brew it right away.
Just order a grinder! Problem solved!
Amazingly they sent the ground. It’s beyond fantastic
Getting a grinder just isn’t in the cards.

Bought some Sam's Choice 7am whole bean the other day, mostly because the whole bean choices are LIMITED! to say the least around here. Anyway, ground a few and threw in new french press to try it out....just because I guess, and it made quite a nice cup of joe

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I forgot to add I buy Trader Joe’s dark roast pretty regularly. It’s a good price and pretty good coffee. I’ve used their in store grinder to grind up the beans sold in the large tub container but then discovered the pre ground in a regular package.

Juan Valdez Columbian instant is surprisingly good. Surprisingly! Small glass jar is about $4 at Wal-Mart.

Aldi German roast in the red & black vacuum brick is pretty good, but I’ve been buying mostly LaVazza and Cafe Bustelo lately.

Yuban used to be my favorite grocery store coffee but haven’t had it in a few years. Looked for some a few weeks ago and didn’t find any in the Meijer store I was at.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Sigh. Yet another reminder that I live in a food desert. "Store coffee" brands where I shop are Folgers, Tim Horton's, Nabob and Taster's Choice. I kinda missed that because before the world went off the deep end I was hooked up with a good roaster downtown who supplied my green beans. My wife found some coffee from a moderately local roaster at the health food store. They have three roasts which I call Barely, Almost Good Enough, and Briquets. At the moment Almost Good Enough is what I'm drinking. First thing in the morning I'm not too picky as long as it's not Briquets.

I guess if I had to live out of a can I'd go with Nabob dark roast (about a medium City or Bus Stop roast, not too dark).

Now that most of the small businesses have basically shut down I've not been able to get green coffee for a couple of years. It's time to start making the rounds to see who has green coffee. Increasingly some "roasters" here are simply jobbing from somebody else.

O.H.

Lately I have been enjoying Lavazza ground coffee, straight off the grocery store shelf and into my new French press.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Just got some Tim Horton's dark roast, excited to try it in the Hario Mizudashi. Haven't been to Canada in a long time.

🤔 That Mizudashi is the only way we drink regular coffee these days (wife and are espresso fans). Even the cheapest walmart coffee comes out smooth, powerful and non-bitter with the cold brew method. There's really something to it.

AA

Top Bottom