What's new

Favourite cartoon strips?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
Bloom County s-l300.jpg

I worked in newspapers for a number of years and read comic strips regularly. We received more phone calls when a comic strip was dropped than for practically any other reason. Growing up I read Valiant, The Phantom, Pogo and Peanuts. As a grown up I read alot of Doonsebury, Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side. As a bet with a co-worker, we each spent a year reading Rex Morgan MD on a daily basis.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Rusty:
Another vote for Calvin & Hobbes!
proxy.php

1585938351301.png

1585937451201.png

proxy.php
"The world of a comic strip ought to be a special place with its own logic and life...". Bill Watterson

PS Although not a comic strip...Mad Magazine is a classic and a close 2nd (I loved Spy vs. Spy, Don Martin and Sergio Aragonés).

Last edited:
Grew up hooked on Dick Tracy, Thought it was wild he had a watch that was also a phone.........
Spent some time in NZ and got hooked on Footrot flats
If you like Bloom County Berkley Breathed you should watch the movie "Second Hand Lions" awsome show....

and of course Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes
Peanuts.. I always wanted to see Charlie Brown kick that football. We were talking once and I thought it would have been hilarious to see Dave Chappell incorporate the Wayne Brady skit with Lucy and Charlie Brown. Imagine Charlie Brown and what he would say to Lucy.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Grew up hooked on Dick Tracy, Thought it was wild he had a watch that was also a phone.........
Spent some time in NZ and got hooked on Footrot flats
If you like Bloom County Berkley Breathed you should watch the movie "Second Hand Lions" awsome show....

and of course Calvin and Hobbes
SHL was a great movie.

Top Bottom