What's new

Favourite Beard Oil/Balm Scents

Hello all,

I’ve come across some stellar beard product scents and I’m sure you have too. Stop on in and list your favourites and let’s see if we can’t enable some Beard Product AD. Cheers.

My current favourites are:

Badass Beard Care The Royal Knight
Bossman Magic
Huskybeard Midnight Charmer
Grave Before Shave Cigar Blend
Grave Before Shave Caramel Mocha
Grave Before Shave Gentleman’s Blend
Beard Booze Hawaiian Lion
Beardbrand Temple Smoke
The Bearded Bastard Opium Den
Topher’s Beard Company Hypnotik
Beards and Beavers Green Envy
Beards and Beavers Twice Baked
Dr. Jon’s Flowers In The Dark

I hope your beard growing journey is going well and that you are all happy and healthy.

Check out their respective websites for scent descriptions and enjoy. Cheers.

Last edited:
My experience is very limited, with this being my first serious attempt at a beard as well as beard care products. This time of year I really like the pine scents so I've been focusing on those and unscented products so they'll pair with my rotation of AS balms (or at least not clash). I've liked all of what I've tried so far though:
Grave Before Shave: Pine balm
Grave Before Shave: Viking Blend balm (unscented)
Badass Beard Care: Mountain Man balm
Badass Beard Care: Viking oil & balm
Badass Beard Care: Secret Agent oil, balm & wash (unscented)
Artius Man: Logger oil
Artius Man: Black Coffee oil

The Artius Man oils seem to be a little thicker than BABC but they're a bit more expensive as well. GBS offers multiple sizes of oils and balms.

I've only tried a couple. I can say I love the scent of Proraso Wood and Spice but I find the oil pretty ineffective. I just tried a Billy Jealousy oil which smelled pretty good and worked great.

My experience is very limited, with this being my first serious attempt at a beard as well as beard care products. This time of year I really like the pine scents so I've been focusing on those and unscented products so they'll pair with my rotation of AS balms (or at least not clash). I've liked all of what I've tried so far though:
Grave Before Shave: Pine balm
Grave Before Shave: Viking Blend balm (unscented)
Badass Beard Care: Mountain Man balm
Badass Beard Care: Viking oil & balm
Badass Beard Care: Secret Agent oil, balm & wash (unscented)
Artius Man: Logger oil
Artius Man: Black Coffee oil

The Artius Man oils seem to be a little thicker than BABC but they're a bit more expensive as well. GBS offers multiple sizes of oils and balms.

I enjoy the more woodsy/oudy scents this time of year as well, and citrus/florals during the warmer months. Some transcend seasons for me such as lavender based accords. Same can be said for my shaving software.

I’ve been meaning to get my hands on some Artius Man for some time now but it hasn’t made the team yet. I’ve heard it’s quite viscous and am excited to try it. Cheers.

Artius Man has free oil samples available. You can choose any two oils, enter "samples" in the discount code area and pay shipping only ($3.95 CONUS). I posted pics and impressions of mine in the Aquisitions thread. I believe samples are 5ml each and the vials are full up to the threads.

Artius Man has free oil samples available. You can choose any two oils, enter "samples" in the discount code area and pay shipping only ($3.95 CONUS). I posted pics and impressions of mine in the Aquisitions thread. I believe samples are 5ml each and the vials are full up to the threads.

I live in Canada so the shipping charge may outweigh the advantages. I think Italian Barber carries Artius Man so I may just order a full bottle sometime in the future. Cheers.

I love Balmy Beards balm, it is a mild citrus with a touch of musk, the wife digs it too. This stuff is great.

My favorite oil is Jack Black Epic Moisture. It is mild enough that I can rub it through my beard and all over my face and head. It feels great. Only downside is that it is a bit pricey.

Because of an accident 35 years ago my sense of smell is shot. It works on and off and I have to really concentrate when smelling a scent for the first time.

Started using Beard Oil last week: Gentleman Jack Beard Fuel Vanilla and Sandalwood. The other scents I sampled didn't register at all. Since then I've been able to pick up Vanilla with no problem and am waiting for the Sandalwood notes to come through :001_smile

I love Balmy Beards balm, it is a mild citrus with a touch of musk, the wife digs it too. This stuff is great.

My favorite oil is Jack Black Epic Moisture. It is mild enough that I can rub it through my beard and all over my face and head. It feels great. Only downside is that it is a bit pricey.

Two products I’ll have to check out. It’s always nice to share the enjoyment with the wife. Cheers.

Because of an accident 35 years ago my sense of smell is shot. It works on and off and I have to really concentrate when smelling a scent for the first time.

Started using Beard Oil last week: Gentleman Jack Beard Fuel Vanilla and Sandalwood. The other scents I sampled didn't register at all. Since then I've been able to pick up Vanilla with no problem and am waiting for the Sandalwood notes to come through :001_smile

Sorry to hear but I’m glad the vanilla’s coming through. It goes great in a beard. Good performance from the Oil?

Many thanks for the kind words Sean (? did I get your name right :a2: ) The sandalwood finally came through; not sure if it was because I got a sandalwood fan as a party favour and the smell jogged my memory; now I can smell the vanilla and sandalwood :001_302:

The oil is great! It's recommended using it twice a day and the day I forgot to use it the stays were tickling/causing itchiness. As I'm in the process of growing out my goatee from stubble length I consider the oil a necessity: it smooths the hair in place and keeps it groomed :a14:

Many thanks for the kind words Sean (? did I get your name right :a2: ) The sandalwood finally came through; not sure if it was because I got a sandalwood fan as a party favour and the smell jogged my memory; now I can smell the vanilla and sandalwood :001_302:

The oil is great! It's recommended using it twice a day and the day I forgot to use it the stays were tickling/causing itchiness. As I'm in the process of growing out my goatee from stubble length I consider the oil a necessity: it smooths the hair in place and keeps it groomed :a14:

Yes, that’s right.

That’s good to hear the performance is solid. I’ll put it on the list.

i'm a wash and go type of guy ,i've had a beard off and on for about 40 years i've shaved it off in the summer for the past 10yrs,growing it back in the autumn. because i work outside in all weathers.what i do is quick and functional,i wash with normal soap to get rid off oils and crap then swill and change the water in the basin and wash again with a moisturisg face wash.this moisturises the skin and the beard and is cheap especialy if like me you use a supermarket own brand.it leaves my beard soft and not greasy.

i'm a wash and go type of guy ,i've had a beard off and on for about 40 years i've shaved it off in the summer for the past 10yrs,growing it back in the autumn. because i work outside in all weathers.what i do is quick and functional,i wash with normal soap to get rid off oils and crap then swill and change the water in the basin and wash again with a moisturisg face wash.this moisturises the skin and the beard and is cheap especialy if like me you use a supermarket own brand.it leaves my beard soft and not greasy.

That's great that you've found what works for you. But I might suggest grabbing an oil and/or balm and judging the benefits on your next beard. I recently went a day without my beard oil/balm and was astounded at how rough and coarse it was without it. I definitely notice a difference without them and it reinforced my love of these products. Oils and Balms are relatively inexpensive and you may really enjoy them. Cheers.

Top Bottom