What's new

Favorite Unscented or Neutral Scent Post-Shave Product

I enjoy my scented aftershaves (often matching my shave soaps). I also enjoy my unscented aftershaves, balms, etc. An eau de cologne/toilette/parfum can provide a lasting scent as well, and perhaps better than a soap or aftershave.

I know that so many current shave soaps focus on post-shave performance, and this might discount the need for other post-shave products. Shaving market disruption? Perhaps. I also don't think I need a shave soap/cream to deliver everything (jack of all trades, master of none is in my head). There can be a place for everything. I will confess to having and liking these jack-of-all-trades soaps.

My question, though. What post-shave products do you like, especially those that are unscented or mild? I'm super curious.

Nothing exotic, but I’ve used and loved it for years- Niveau Sensitive After Shave Balm. Always available at my local pharmacy. Next to no scent, so doesn’t compete with other shave products all while moisturizing and soothing. Pretty light and thin, not greasy at all like Nivea cream. I could go on....
8718410D-C080-4E3C-BBF8-141BF75CED9A.png

I enjoy my scented aftershaves (often matching my shave soaps). I also enjoy my unscented aftershaves, balms, etc. An eau de cologne/toilette/parfum can provide a lasting scent as well, and perhaps better than a soap or aftershave.

I know that so many current shave soaps focus on post-shave performance, and this might discount the need for other post-shave products. Shaving market disruption? Perhaps. I also don't think I need a shave soap/cream to deliver everything (jack of all trades, master of none is in my head). There can be a place for everything. I will confess to having and liking these jack-of-all-trades soaps.

My question, though. What post-shave products do you like, especially those that are unscented or mild? I'm super curious.

Chatillon Lux Unscented Aftershave, Chiseled Face Natural Aftershave, Chiseled Face Natural Balms are my go-to's.

Sir merovirginian, lots of great aftershave lotion and balm choices that are either unscented OR short-lived scents!
Especially, citrusy, blue-, or green- aftershaves. Their scents really dissipate so fast!
Plus witch hazels, other "neutral" balms and lotions!
In trust, you may have to experiment as to what is short/longer lasting on your body chemistry!
Happy explorations!!

unscented aftershaves.jpg

s-l400-1.jpg

The humble block of alum. Rub it on your face just after you shave. Odorless. A superb astringent. A fantastic post-shower underarm deodorant. As such, it will not compete with your aftershave splash. So you won't have one scent coming from your armpits and a totally different scent coming from your face and neck.

@AshleyC I have to admit, I had my doubts about your underarm alum claims, but I tried it today, and today was not an easy day at work, and I have no bad odor. Thanks!

@AshleyC I have to admit, I had my doubts about your underarm alum claims, but I tried it today, and today was not an easy day at work, and I have no bad odor. Thanks!

An alum rub-down on the armpits immediately upon exiting the shower and I swear you are good to go for 24 hours.

Top Bottom