What's new

Favorite TOBS scent?

I'm down to two, lemon and lime and Mr Taylor and like them both. My wife LOVES the Mr Taylor and using that guarantees getting my neck nuzzled.

Rose, I smelled all of them in the London store to decide, it was not an easy decisions being they all smell good.

I ordered a sampler and haven't tried them all yet, but the Shaving Shop and Avocado are my favorites. I really thought I would like some of the others more, but the Shave Shop has a nostalgic clean smell and the Avocado is very light and has the best lather I think. I started with Proraso Sensitive (Green Tea & Oat ) soap and that's still one of my favorites despite trying so many different things. I think I may wind up being a soap guy though and just use creams for travel.

I've not encountered a Taylor cream with a scent I dislike. However, my favorites, in order, have been Mr. Taylor, Sandalwood, and Rose. Regardless of scent, they've all been fine performing shaving creams.

Wow never thought about that. How many shaves does one typically get out of a 1/4 oz?

A five ounce tub is 20 quarter ounces. If you can get 90 days from a 5 ounce tub, you should get 4 days out of a quarter ounce. If you get 60 days from a tub, then you should get 3 days from it.

I use my samplers because, if I just smell it, I don't know how it will work. I had a Trumpers Rose sample that I really liked the smell of and it lathered pretty well too. But the protection was, for me, sub par and I got more nicks than normal when using it.

I bought a tube of TOBS Sandalwood about a year ago, at first I found it overpowering compared to the smell of AoS Sandalwood, so I put it to the back of the shelf. I tried it again recently and was pleasantly surprised; either it has mellowed over the last year or I have.

The latter is possible, as after exploring a range of soap and creams, my appreciation of fragrances may have expanded.

My favourites are Avocado and Mr Taylor. Avocado gives a nice moisturizing shave, smells fresh and 'grassy' - perfect for hot days or if my face is a bit sore. Mr Taylor is similar to T and H Grafton - a high end manly scent and one of my all time favourites. I feel the Grafton smells a bit nicer but the Mr Taylor's shaves a bit better for me....

Top Bottom