What's new

Favorite Tobaccos types and Favorite Blends

It is strange that the tin note on your SNF has a metallic scent. Mine is pure figgy, golden graham goodness. I wonder if you didn't get an off batch?
I suppose it's possible. When I say "metallic," I don't mean teeth-on-edge or anything. There's some graham scent there too. But the scent I get with it is different from that of Luxury Twist Flake.

All over the board, no method to the madness. I put up the white flag, surrendered years ago and just enjoy the ride now. The only caveat is binging on Perique does a number on my sinuses so I have to apply some restraint.
I think I'm also all over the board, other than Perique doesn't bother me at all and I love the stuff. I can smoke straight SWR (burley only, as I understand) and enjoy it for what it is. I like many Aromatic Tobaccos, I have developed a taste for latakia (as a condiment), and I believe I could smoke Perique nearly straight. C&D Bayou nights is supposed to be 50% perique and I love it. Sometimes my mood is for a straight VA blend (I should like this, I grew up on a tobacco farm flue curing VA tobacco). Good English blends are hard to beat some days, while on others I smoke a mild Cavandash heavy Aero. The only thing I haven't been able to take a liking to is straight cavandash (yes I have smoked straight cavandash). That doesn't do it for me. Too heavy of a taste without tasting actual tobacco.

VaPer or VaBur or Va or VaPerBur.
Yeah, virginias mostly
And semois, with is non of the above.
And latakia, but no bombs a little bit. The SG navy flakes or similar.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I will say this. Every time I think I have a favorite blend and start loading up, I discover another blend.

Deep into Vapers then tried some English. I lost favor for Vapers and went head first into English.

Recently rediscovered Virginias and Vapers and haven’t touched the English blends as much.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm all over the place as well, but in general I tend to prefer mild English blends, mild aros and a little cavendish here and there. Many of the popular "must haves" I've not been impressed with. While I generally like English blends, I don't care much for My Mixture 965. I have several cans of Escudo aging, tried it fresh, tried it with about a year's age on it, not overly impressed yet. I don't have anything against Latakia or Perique, but not into the "bombs". I'm a lightweight when it comes to nic heavy blends. Having never been a cigarette smoker, I don't care for anything that tastes like one.

I'm all over the place as well, but in general I tend to prefer mild English blends, mild aros and a little cavendish here and there. Many of the popular "must haves" I've not been impressed with. While I generally like English blends, I don't care much for My Mixture 965. I have several cans of Escudo aging, tried it fresh, tried it with about a year's age on it, not overly impressed yet. I don't have anything against Latakia or Perique, but not into the "bombs". I'm a lightweight when it comes to nic heavy blends. Having never been a cigarette smoker, I don't care for anything that tastes like one.
See I keep reading that certain vaper and perique heavy blends remind others of cigarettes, but I'm not seeing it. I smoked cigarettes for years, and I never got any taste close to as good as perique. Sure, the strength is there, but the taste is much different. I tried a cigarette a couple of months ago to see if I missed it at all. Nope, it was nasty.

I fall into the category of "Virginia / Burley blends taste like cigarettes'", or more so they leave an aftertaste / breath as though I've had a cigarette. I'm almost exclusively an English/Perique guy. Virginias just don't tickle my fancy. The only virginia blend that I've got any "stock" in is Rattray Hal O The Wynd. I think I have a tin or 2 of popular virginia's aging to see if my taste changes, but pretty much cellar full of english blends. I could rotate Nightcap / Squadron Leader / Penzance indefinitely and be just chuffed.

Like others, not a huge fan of overbearing Lataki. Never got along with orientals as well.
When Latakia is used in short measure I do enjoy it. Just doesn’t have the nic punch for me.
A vendor has a lovely blend called Bald Headed Teacher which is marvellous. Haddows is great too.
lightly used in Bobs Chocolate flake too. Love my vaper, but getting harder and harder to find.

Top Bottom