What's new

Favorite synthetic brush ?

+1 for the Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic. I love that brush. I have an EJ 23mm and when I go back to the Simpson its a noticeable difference to me. I also just ordered a synthetic silvertip from WSP and I'm excited to try that one.

I've got a nice plisson La Maison Du Barbier which I had imported from France to the UK.
LaMaisonDuBarbier.jpg

I think we're almost at the point where we should distinguish between types of synthetics. I, for example, have 3 distinct favorite synths that are quite different from each other. The Omega S1005 with the wooden handle is a fave, as is the Plissoft 24mm barber handle. Meanwhile, I can't imagine being without my Zenith synth in the barber handle either. They are very different brushes, as different as boar, horse, & badger are from each other, in a sense. I love each of them for their own particular attributes. I really don't think of the 3 as directly comparable with each other. The Plissoft can be compared with the Maggard's, Whipped Dog, Plisson, etc, while the Zenith is within the same general category as the Muhle, the Edwin Jagger, and even the Omega Hi Brush, while the Omega S Brush has no similar competitor of which I am aware.

I think this could help 😉

Attachments

• received_2438973203036488.png
    received_2438973203036488.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 82
Hi guys,
Any thought about the Fendrihan brush?
I read some good reviews but nobody mentioned it here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191229-110005_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191229-110005_Chrome.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 19
I only have 2, Yaqi Sagrada Familia and the PAA Atomic Rocket. Between the two, I'd pick the Yaqi. I'd like to try a Shavemac synthetic one day

I'd just like to point out that plisson-style knots are very good for dusting off keyboards and cleaning the dashboard of your car.
:biggrin1:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hi guys,
Any thought about the Fendrihan brush?
I read some good reviews but nobody mentioned it here
I have a Yaqi tuxedo knot and you will enjoy that Fendrihan tuxedo knot IMO, tips are soft with some back bone is all a person can ask for.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like my recently purchased a black marble handle & Sagrada Familia 24 mm Tuxedo knots from Yaqi. Soft tips with some back bone and is reasonably easy to splay when wanted. Just a great brush for painting on lather at a reasonable price when they were on sale a few months back.
Yaqi Tuxedo knot (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Currently, it's a toss-up between a PAA Atomic Rocket and a Stirling Kong. Both whip up some fine lather.

Top Bottom