What's new

Favorite Summertime Shaves

A similar post may have originated in the past, but this topic popped in mind the other day while I was suffering from the "two degrees shy of hell" temps here in good 'ol OKC last week. That said, I have a few to list:

Shampoo/Conditioner:
1. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo (plan on trying the conditioner soon if they make it)
2. Nancy Boy Shampoo and Conditioner

Body Wash:
1. Jamaica Limes Bar Soap
2. Nancy Boy Bar Soap - Signature Scent

Razor:
1. Gillette Fat Boy
2. Shick Injector

Blade:
1. Feathers all the way!!!
2. CVS Injector Blades - 'cuz that's all I have right now

Shave Cream:
1. Trumpers Limes
2. Tom's of Maine Mint
3. Tie: T&H 1805 and C&E Sweet Almond Oil
4. Taylors Avocado

Shave Soap:
1. T&H Luxury Shave Soap
2. QED Lavender
*I'm fairly short in this area in terms of light summer scents, but still love my CADE soap by L'Occitane and my QED Sandalwood. I may try to add some Dr. Harris Soaps and maybe some Mamma Bear and/or St. Charles Shave Soaps in the near future.

Aftershaves:
*All shaves are followed by Thayer's Rose Petal WH regarless if I use a true A/S Balm or not. After the WH, I like to top off with:
1. T&H Ultimate Comfort ASB
2. T&H West Indian Limes ASB
3. Nancy Boy A/S Gel

Scents:
1. Taylors #74 Old Victorian Limes
2. Ralph Lauren Romance
3. Armani's Aqua Di Gio
4. Master's Bay Rum
5. T&H West Indian Limes

This has been posted about recently, but its such a good question that its worth a virtual bump by starting a new thread!:biggrin:

For me, the summer shave is mostly about the choice of shave cream, after shave and cologne, and much less about the brush, razor and other equipment, so I'll focus on the SC and AS:

Shave cream
Proraso, Toms of Maine mint
Godrej Fresh Limes
Coates Lime

After shave
Proraso
Yardley splash
still looking for a great lime after shave!!!suggestions?:confused:

Colognes
Taylors Victorian Lime

Proraso Pre/ Post
Proraso Green Shave Cream
Cold Water Splash (the best bit)
Proraso A/S

It's like plunging your face into an ice bank.:biggrin:

On hot days my shave will consist of one or more of the following:

Proraso Green Soap
Salter's Mint
Trumper's Limes

Proraso ASB
Trumper's Limes Skin Food

I often don't bother with cologne on v hot days.

Proaso is obligatory...should go w/o saying :)

Musgo Real is great too for summer, with its grassy scent. I was also going to start on my Peppermint puck of Will G soap this summer, but since he is no longer with us, and no more is ever going to be made....I'm kind of holding off.

teamacacia said:
Shave Soap:
1. T&H Luxury Shave Soap
2. QED Lavender
*I'm fairly short in this area in terms of light summer scents, but still love my CADE soap by L'Occitane and my QED Sandalwood. I may try to add some Dr. Harris Soaps and maybe some Mamma Bear and/or St. Charles Shave Soaps in the near future.

Todd, you might also want to try QED's peppermint, graprefruit/peppermint, and/or Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint. I have the Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint and the cooling effect is very intense.

-Collin

Top Bottom