What's new

Favorite Summer Creams?

got some ABC almond on the way. also gonna get my hands on santa maria novella soon will let you know

right now i use ADP shaving GEL and pre-shave oil combo. i see how some of you might not like that as a summer sent, but thats what cologne is for no?

When the weather turns hot, I prefer the cooling creams & soaps, Proraso Green, Proraso White, Sterling Margaritas in the Arctic (current out of that one), or Electric Sheep....great for keeping the bugs away, although not really cooling or menthol. Sometimes Maca Root & Aloe, especially if I have a little sunburn to help it heal.

In no particular order, each are fantastic.

1 AOS Lemon
2 St. James of London: Mandarin & Patchouli
3 Acqua Di Parma

I'm trying D.R. Harris creams for the first time, starting with Arlington. I'm finding my Harris' lathers to be excellent, and Arlington is turning out to be a great summer scent. Can't wait to try the other Harris scents, because I'm definitely buying the Arlington!

On another note, I'm not having much luck getting consistent lathers and slickness out of one of this thread's favorites - Castle Forbes Lime. I'm four shaves in, and my sample's good for several more. I like the scent, so hopefully I can get it dialed-in before I run out.

But Arlington just lathers amazingly easily and quickly, with good cushion, slickness, and longevity. I'm really loving the stuff!

Summer creams to me means florals - GFT or TOBs rose or TOBs lavender. Menthol in a shave prep is just weird to me, and the numbing effect can mask a bad lather/shave.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Summers I generally use Speick or Proraso Green. But they are running low.

Time to expand my horizons, though, so I just ordered a bunch of citrus and menthol based soaps from Stirling.

Then there's always that can of Noxzema Medicated Menthol goo hiding in the back of my cupboard . . .

Proraso Green has been my summer cream for years although having picked up a few tubes of Crabtree & Evelyn Lime cream recently ive added that to the rotation.

Top Bottom