What's new

Favorite store bought ground coffee

I'm new to coffee grounds and have been drinking a couple different kinds of store bought coffee that's already been grounded by a major coffee house.

So far my favorite is maxwell house original roast

What's your favorite?

Peets is really good. I bought some at there coffee shop.

I'm going to check out the other suggestions thanks

$MJB-Premium-13oz.jpg

If I must drink ground coffee then it's Eight O'Clock Columbian.
+1 ... many supermarkets have a grinder right there in the coffee section, so you can buy whole beans and grind them to your taste.

But for best results, buy the whole beans and grind them at home, just before brewing.

Lavazza Rossa is my favourite preground for espresso. It is in all the supermarkets around here, and is pretty cheap.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I grew up on Maxwell House (MH), Original Roast coffee and at home, the Mrs. and I like MH coffee when we run out of (or forget to reorder...sigh :blush: .), Yauco Selecto Gourmet Coffee from Puerto Rico. :thumbsup:

attachment.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Coffee has its own subtle language". CBJ[/FONT]

Please don't take the following as bashing the taste/palates of those who like the flavor and convenience of pre-ground coffee. I know there's sometimes a little snobbery coming from home roasters (not necessarily among the gentleman on this site, but around the web in general.) If you can pony up $30 for an Aeropress, and buy a decent burr grinder for under $50, plus an old West Bend Poppery II air popcorn popper for less than $20 (sometimes from Goodwill or the like, or may on eBay), you can roast something that many people really prefer to pre-ground. It doesn't take long and really isn't hard to do. Sweetmarias.com is a great resource for how to do it, and I like to buy my green beans from them as well. Just an option if you'd like to give it a try. If you're still sold on pre-ground, Peet's is really good, and Eight O'Clock has a pretty decent following from people who use a good old Mr. Coffee auto dripper. I'd encourage you to seek out a local roaster and have them do a pour-over for you, just to see what a great, fresh roast prepared in a good way tastes like. Some people really love Budweiser (like a German couple I met, oddly enough), while others can appreciate a convenience store beer, but others love their micro or home-brews. I'd say if you like coffee, you owe it to yourself to at least give some of the fancy stuff a go.

I've been drinking coffee for about 50 years and have tried nearly all the available store pre-ground brands. About 15 years ago, while living in Puerto Rico, I was introduced to Cafe Bustelo and it has been my go to coffee ever since. The grind is an expresso but it works equally well in a French press or regular drip maker but be careful to reduce the amount you use or the result will be too strong and somewhat bitter. This is a full bodied, rich coffee that many Latins enjoy with sugar. Personally I like it black.

Last edited:
I used to drink a lot of eight o'clock (red bag). IMO it provided good value for the quality. I believe it is still a popular choice, which improves stock turnover, helping to keep it fresher on average than more expensive coffees.

I use eight o'clock original when I run out of the good stuff. Of course I grind my own, don't care much for the stale flavor of preground anymore, you can by a cheap Hario hand ceramic burr grinder which does a great job online. Well worth it to treat yourself to good coffee.

Top Bottom