What's new

Favorite St James London scent?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good info. This is a brand I’ve yet to try. The price point has put me off not knowing how this will be and I really don’t need more soap. But this is on my radar.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Good info. This is a brand I’ve yet to try. The price point has put me off not knowing how this will be and I really don’t need more soap. But this is on my radar.

SJoL is one of the slickest creams/soaps I've tried. It's exceptional in that regard.

I tried a sample pack about a year ago, I can't remember which scent was my favorite but I liked them all. One thing that stuck out for me is that all the scents seemed to have a common underlying base scent. Does anyone else agree? Maybe it's just me.

I always had a weakness for Proraso, it is so inexpensive, easy to lather and smells nice. But the lather always feels thin, and adding more product just makes it dry and abrasive.

Some expensive creams are so because of expensive fragrances or exotic ingredients that don’t make much difference for shaving. Some are more concentrated, less water, which can justify the price.

Some, like SJOL, Baume and probably others are really more creamy slick and protective.

Sandalwood and Bergamot is great stuff. I bought 6 from Amazon Canada for between $7-12 a tub last year. Not sure why it was so cheap but I stocked up. The AS is excellent as well.

By far my favourite creams.

Tonka and Tobacco Flower is good as well but the scent isnt for everyone.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I've tried all their scents by sampler pack and I really like the black pepper and lime, and tonka and tobacco flower. I didn't think I would like the tobacco at all, but I find it very pleasant. And a bonus the scent lingers for hours (could just be my and my sensitive sense of smell, but I can sometimes still notice the scent 4-8 hours later, after a shower).

I found all their scents great and different from anything else out there. My favorite though by a slim margin is the Cedarwood & Clarysage. The performance is well above average as well.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I've just discovered this shaving cream.

(I'm a shaving cream over soap guy for ease of use since I need to shave daily.)

St. James of London works really well for me in the first few tries. Lathers quick and easy, very slick. Maybe a bit on the pricey side but not way over the top.

That's the ony I've tried. I really like that fragrance.

I'm trying out the cedar wood scent. Haven't tried others. It's subtle but pretty nice. Curious what others think of this cream and what favorite scents you guys have.

proxy.php

Top Bottom