What's new

Favorite Soap Tubs/Containers?

Not the soap, just the container. What are your favorites for lathering in the tub, quality of construction, or just aesthetics?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
MWF
th-1829712480.jpg

DR Harris
th-3472670712.jpg

Czech & Speake
th-709267412.jpg

I put all soaps in my tosb tub as its perfect for loading.
I love my Czech speake aluminium dish. It makes great lather so easily and looks and feels luxury.

MdC jars look fantastic, but the soap is set to the brim, so they are a pain to load from until you have used quite a bit of the soap.

Saponificio Varesino tins are perfect: they are decorative, but there is more than enough room in the tin to load without lather cascading over the top and down the sides. They also sell refill pucks.

The best, though, are Tabac, MWF, or any of the others that sell refillable ceramic bowls: elegant, functional, and sustainable.

If the soap already comes in a nice container, awesome! However, when I got back into wet shaving after my move recently, I got this 6-pack of containers. I bet you could get them at most home goods stores, but they're also available on amazon. Most pucks fit well with just a little fiddling, there's a good amount of headroom regardless of soap volume, and they're glass! Bonus points for being able to label the top with silver sharpie and wipe it off with alcohol later if the contents change.

I have a motley collection. MWF & Tabac ceramic bowls. Maggard PETG clear jars with 90mm diameter. Some metal soap containers like Pre de Provence & Saponificio Bignoli. A covered stainless steel "palm bowl" holds Golddachs soap. I also have a few ceramic latte mugs with clear lids recycled from coffee cans. A trio of plastic jars recycled from Proraso, which work well for smaller mug soaps like Haslinger and Musgo. A couple of Captain's Choice large containers. A few Razorock tubs. Several soap sticks. What ties all this together is a small wooden cabinet with shelves that holds all soaps and brushes.

If the soap already comes in a nice container, awesome! However, when I got back into wet shaving after my move recently, I got this 6-pack of containers. I bet you could get them at most home goods stores, but they're also available on amazon. Most pucks fit well with just a little fiddling, there's a good amount of headroom regardless of soap volume, and they're glass! Bonus points for being able to label the top with silver sharpie and wipe it off with alcohol later if the contents change.

I use a couple of these for my Stirling samples. I take the sticker off the sample and stick it onto the lid.

A 6 pack of the Grundtals for cheap. They’re 12+ years old, no rust, stackable, and the magnet’s strong enough to hang upside down in an RV for 8 months of almost daily driving without getting knocked loose ever. They keep the soap well contained when loading, and I’ve never had issues with them. There are also printable soap brand labels here that fit inside the lids if you’re feeling fancy about a regular.

And my I Coloniali terra cotta dish.

I like lids to keep the soaps better hydrated if they’re not getting a daily use.

IMG_6378.jpeg

Last edited:
At one time I used a lot of Proraso Red. It comes in a nice red plastic tub with a lid that snaps on. Now that I'm
using other soaps as well as Proraso, I just throw the pucks in one of the plastic tubs that I saved, slap on the label
on the lid and go from there. Most pucks fit perfectly.....if not, I take out my pocket knife, shape to fit, put
what I carve off under the puck and squash it down.

Top Bottom