What's new

Favorite soap and aftershave combos

Fairly new to artisan soaps and am enjoying experimenting with them (4 so far) and the aftershaves. Was curious about what peoples favorite combinations are with the soap and aftershave (splash or balm).

I will go first with my limited experience.

B&M Seville soap and AS.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Fairly new to artisan soaps and am enjoying experimenting with them (4 so far) and the aftershaves. Was curious about what peoples favorite combinations are with the soap and aftershave (splash or balm).

I will go first with my limited experience.

B&M Seville soap and AS.
Mine is Murphy & McNeil Nantahala soap and AS.

Mine is Murphy & McNeil Nantahala soap and AS.

How would you compare nantahala performance as a shaving soap and its scent against kaizen? Ruds seems to rate the latter higher than the former while I guess u prefer the nantahala? The kodiak base is out of stock unfortunately, as is kaizen as well!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
How would you compare nantahala performance as a shaving soap and its scent against kaizen? Ruds seems to rate the latter higher than the former while I guess u prefer the nantahala? The kodiak base is out of stock unfortunately, as is kaizen as well!
Both bases are top shelf, with the slight edge to Kodiak as the denser lather. Kaizen is a bit lighter and creamier. But I’m splitting hairs here. From a scent perspective, they are very different. Nantahala is a cologne-type, masculine scent, whereas Kaizen is a fruitier, brighter vibe. Hope that helps!

Top Bottom