What's new

Favorite Small Brush

I've found myself using smaller brushes more and more, and not picking up my larger brushes as often. I haven't used my Simpsons Chubby 2s probably in over a year. Lately I'm reaching for a Classic 1, I have it in both best and 2-band Silvertip and my 56 in best badger has been my favorite brush lately. I'm about the favorite brushes among other small brush aficionado's?

I've found myself using smaller brushes more and more, and not picking up my larger brushes as often. I haven't used my Simpsons Chubby 2s probably in over a year. Lately I'm reaching for a Classic 1, I have it in both best and 2-band Silvertip and my 56 in best badger has been my favorite brush lately. I'm about the favorite brushes among other small brush aficionado's?
Simpson, Omega and Semogue are among my favorites. I find Simpsons to be a bit overpriced but theyre brushes that perform amazingly well and the fact that theyre made in the UK is pretty cool.

I am not a fan of smaller brushes. However, of the smaller brushes I have in my rotation the three I like the best are a vintage Hoffritz, a T&H Silvertip, and a Duke 3. Some may not think the Duke 3 is small - but for me it is.

Duke 3.jpgHoffritz.jpgT&H Silvertip.jpg

You are set with the Classics. Great size and density.

I like the Best and Pure Specials. They are cheap, small and overall a good brush. I wouldn’t replace a Classic with one though.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Got a few brushes on the smaller side:
A small Shavemac D01 2-band flattop in a Sambar stag antler. Although the knot is quite small (19.5/20 mm), due to the flattop, it feels much larger on the face. Then I have a Ivory beehive with a Shavemac D01 three band, this one is 20 mm.
Next up is a Simpson M6 in Manchurian, 21 mm and another RV Shaving with a 21 mm Shavemac Two-band silvertip.

Top Bottom