What's new

Favorite Shaving Soap Container?

Soap Commander full size tubs. I like how the soap is set deep. No wasted lather over the sides.

Yup
I repurposed one for MWF!!
Looks great too the all black container with the MWF cardboard box label cut out and glued onto the container.

proxy.php

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I HATED my first Proraso Red tub. I preferred a simpler square bottomed shape and wanted a screw-on lid. Then, after using several different soaps in different containers... I discovered that the Proraso tub was the easiest to hold while loading and the snap-off/on lid was effortless in use (no chance of cross-threading), fast, and secure.

So after educating myself by experiencing different containers... my Proraso tub checks all the boxes.
View attachment 872699
I love them (and of course keep the empties). :001_wub:
:thumbup: :001_wub:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have an Old Spice mug that I really like, but most of my soaps have been transferred to covered porcelain bowls like this one. It gives me plenty of room to lather on top of the puck, they look good on the bathroom sink top, and they're easy to stack inside the vanity. They cost $3 or $4 at TJ Maxx.
View attachment 872575

Plus, the price is right!

I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Excellent! Thank you Nav. :thumbup1:

The best part is that even with a huge, brand new puck...There's plenty of height to prevent overflow.

Also, after several uses, the puck expands to fit the container perfectly.

This container would be my #1 recommendation for MWF given this soap produces a particularly frothy proto-lather as compared to other soaps.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
M1.1912.Open.Ivory.JPG

The Wickham 1912 container is my favorite of the inexpensive, simple containers which come with a brand of soap. Plenty of extra room. A good screw-on lid.

MdC.New.Open.640.4-12-18JPG.JPG

The MdC plastic jar is incredibly nice, and it works perfectly for MdC. No extra room, but you need no room with MdC. The jar is better than a heavy glass jar, I believe, because it is not likely to break. It looks like heavy glass.

I love the beautiful ceramics but I know how slippery things get and how easily things are broken in the bathroom. Still, I'm thinking of buying one, and it isn't cheap (credit/blame to Rave @Raven Koenes).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
For holding a refill puck, the best is the Anchor Hocking glass bowl you can get super-cheap at Walmart or anywhere.

I also like Mama Bear plastic containers, as the fill level is far enough from the top of the container that you can lather in the container and not worry too much about spill-over.

But for looks alone, I'd go with these:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I like Stirling's because they're simple, right sized and gets the job done, but my favorite container is the MWF ceramic bowl. I kind of like the Boellis Panama Coffret but it's to big for my hand. I have to set it on a cloth and lather from it that way which actually works really well.

I would love that bowl but the price along with the soap is not really persuading me. I might just use up my Nuvaia and use that bowl and grab the refill. Or maybe I could use a Tabac or MWF bowl. I am interested in trying the BP soap but I don't know if the price tag is worth it. I have Nuavia, Xpex, SMN, MdC and some other really high priced soaps and creams and I know that the extra price isn't going to be indicative of that much better performance than lower priced soaps. It's probably a great soap but I wonder if I could tell the difference between it and the block of Cella.

I think the BP bowl hurts up front. I lucked out as I.B. had it on sale 2 weeks ago for 90 bucks so I got the bowl. upfront I think the Nuavia beats it for price but then once its empty, you can get the B.P. brick for um was it 50 bucks? then I think the BP wins out

edit f.w.i.w. I have 1 Nuavia and another scent on the way. I'm pondering sending Panna Crema an email suggesting they do a refill option. I don't see a point in buying that ceramic container every time I need a new Panna Crema

Last edited:
Top Bottom