What's new

Favorite Shave Stick??

Tabac, performance and I like the wide footprint of the stick.

D.R. Harris almond, performance and subtle but pleasant scent.

Palmolive Shave Stick, it is a good product and works well. It is also a reminder of being a small boy and watching my father shave using the same product, one of those special products that takes you back in time.

Tabac. Really want to try Speick stick though since I love the cream so much, but despite having lived in Germany for two years, I've never seen the stick in the wild.

Surprised no love for the Valobra stick. I've only tried that one and the Speick, and I found the Valobra mich better.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

For me, the king of shaving sticks is Speick!!
Speick all the wayyyy

Hear hear! Speick is my favorite shaving stick by a good margin. Valobra is wonderful, but it's very expensive. Palmolive is almost as good as Speick performance wise, but it doesn't smell as nice or provide the same quality of post shave feel for my skin.

I've used all of the other popular sticks, and, for my face, they all pale in comparison to the three I listed.

FWIW, La Toja smelled ok and seemed like a good lather, but it burned my face. It's probably a great stick for those that can use it.

Tried a few including Arko, Speik, La Toja, Derby. My 2 faves that I use on the road are first Lea followed by Palmolive.

I like Palmolive for travel, the only reason I use a stick (so far). But I love learning about everyone else's favorites for future experimentation (Speick might be a self-stocking stuffer).

I like Arko performance, love Palmolive for scent, performance and price (and because it fits in my Colgate canister) and nowadays been using the Razorock sticks (Gold and Blue) that are great scents and good performers. Just ordered a Tabac to complete but I think it will perform like the tub.
IMG_20191002_202537_786.jpg
Cheers

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My favorite soap is Tabac and I do believe that the stick out performs the puck.

I like Arko performance, love Palmolive for scent, performance and price (and because it fits in my Colgate canister) and nowadays been using the Razorock sticks (Gold and Blue) that are great scents and good performers. Just ordered a Tabac to complete but I think it will perform like the tub.
View attachment 1026954
Cheers

How do you make them? Grate the soap and stuff it in the holder or?????
The soaps I've used, like Arko, Cella, Soap Commander, have been soft enough for me to break into pieces by hand and then stuff the chunks into the tube. I think I would have to grate a triple-milled soap, but I haven't tried that yet.

Top Bottom