What's new

Favorite Saponificio Varesino Scent

I’m interested in picking up some more SV soaps but I’d like to hear what the favorites are. If you have multiple scent would you please rank them?

I own 2. My favorite is Opuntia, followed by the the 70th anniversary soap.

Thanks

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I have Felce, Optunia, Manna, Flying Mango (Alylum). I like them all.

@flintoid49, how would you describe the scent of Mirto? I'm considering trying it now that it's available in V 4.3.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've got Manna, Stella Alpina, and the Colonia. Probably like the Manna scent most.

1- Dolomiti
2- Dolomiti
3- Dolomiti
4- Manna di Sicilia
5- Felce Aromatica
6- Tundra Artica

Dolomiti is perhaps my favorite scent out of my 115 soap rotation, and the over 200 I've used in the last ten years. Plus that all black puck looks damn awesome!!

1 Tundra Artica
2 70th
3 Stella
4 Felce

I've smelled/owned them all except for Mirto thing and Cosmo. Coffee scent is a non starter with me so I didnt bother with Cosmo

I have Stella Alpina arriving today, so glad to see it on the list.
Manna di Sicillia aftershave I had was pleasant, nothing really wrong with it, but a bit to "generic" for my taste, clean and nice, but just not "unique" enough.

My list is something like this.
Felce
70th
Colonia
Flying Mango
Mirto
Tundra
Opuntia
Manna
Dolomiti
Cosmo
Stella
Top 2 and bottom 2 are firm, in between may move up or down a spot depending on mood.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
All scents are great, all 4.3 soaps are exceptional. If I should rank them I'd put the 4.3 above all in no particular order.

All scents are great, all 4.3 soaps are exceptional. If I should rank them I'd put the 4.3 above all in no particular order.

OK, I must ask, is it just me or do they come with the "new" and "improved" formula/version a bit too often?
I can't say I followed exact dates of the each release, but it seem to have gone from 4.0 to 4.3 in no time ?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
OK, I must ask, is it just me or do they come with the "new" and "improved" formula/version a bit too often?
I can't say I followed exact dates of the each release, but it seem to have gone from 4.0 to 4.3 in no time ?

I did not follow the exact dates of release either, probably each step did take about one year.

But I do notice an improvement in the quality of the soap, especially in the post shave feel. The 4.3 is a bit better than the 4.2 and a lot better than 4.0. Overall the 4.3 is the best performer SV has made to date. IMHO.

It's been about 4 years since Felce came out.

I own most of their main line along with the accompanying aftershaves. The top 6 could move up or down a spot depending on my mood. For instance, Manna & Mirto will probably move up the list during the colder months.

Tundra and Opuntia are headed for the BST once I qualify to post there. I’d probably keep the Tundra but my wife doesn’t like it much. Opuntia doesn’t smell bad it’s just stronger than I like. The soap alone would probably be fine but the aftershave makes it too much for me.

Here’s the order:

Felce
Dolomiti
Stella
Mirto
70th
Manna
Tundra
Opuntia

Top Bottom