What's new

Favorite Razorock Razor

Been on a hiatus for the past couple years from buying new gear, but getting the itch again. Razorock always seems to have good products at good price points. Just wondering if they've put out a razor recently that people really like. Would also be interested in hearing about newer razors from other vendors that are sub $100 that I should have on my radar.

Most major online shaving retailers have a stainless something or other these days, so you’ve returned to purchasing at the right time!

I can only speak for Razorock. I have the .68 Game Changer and love it. It would be my desert island DE at this point. I hope to have the .84 copy at some point.

I actually like these the most:
Wunderbar
Mj90
Baby smooth
Hawk se
SLOC

The mambas and game changers are fine razors, but they aren’t seeing tons of use in my den.

I have both the Game Changer .84 & the Wunderbar & love them both. Great company with great products.

I started with a mild Edwin jagger 89 which was too mild so I bought a sample of Maggard heads
and was using the V3 head with an Ikon ss handle. I now have the RR GC .84 and just love it.
Easy to handle, smooth and I haven't nicked myself with it. It's a great razor and for the price
it would be hard to find something better. On the other hand I sure would like to try one of the
high dollar razors to compare it with but I don't think that for the money it would be much better than the .84

RR gets a fair amount of grief in the shaving forums, and I have no clue why. You really can't go far wrong with any of their razors and they start at $7. Yes, the Game Changer (which I like very much) and some of the others are out of stock pretty frequently, but so what? Their Tech and Old Type clones will do fine if you need something right away.

RR gets a fair amount of grief in the shaving forums, and I have no clue why.
I think the GC .84 is excellent as are several of their soaps, both tallow and vegan.
They certainly have a variety of soaps and aftershaves. XXX and Mudder Fooker are two of
my favorite soaps and anywhere from three to twelve bucks for quality Italian soaps
is hard to beat.

I’ve not used all of the RR razors but I have used a solid chunk of them. In order of preference they go:

1. Game Changer .68
2. Game Changer .84
3. SLAB (don’t think they sell this one anymore)
4. Old Type
5. SLOC
6. Mentor
7. German 37
8. DE-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_0146.JPG

Game Changer .84 on an Ikon Tuckaway is one of my favorite razors!
Works equally well on my head and face with a variety of blades.

Game Changer .68. Bought one off a member here and it has quickly become my favorite razor of all time. I tried a Baby Smooth for the heck of it and did not like it.

Top Bottom