What's new

Favorite Powerhouse Scent

What is your favorite Powerhouse scent? It can be from any era, mine is Kouros by YSL, what is yours?

$k.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Giorgio (Beverly Hills) Pour Homme - or Grey Flannel, dangit.

Wish I could offend with 1980s Paco Rabanne, but no more. Today's PR is polite by comparison.

AA

You got that right Ad Astra, I owned Paco Rabanne around 1974 and it was one of the best...

Giorgio (Beverly Hills) Pour Homme - or Grey Flannel, dangit.

Wish I could offend with 1980s Paco Rabanne, but no more. Today's PR is polite by comparison.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
My bottle of Quorum smells great, and has no scent in 15 minutes. This example, at least, is no powerhouse.

Do love the Azzaro pour home; with enough sprays ...

AA

Chanel Antaeus is my number one.....

when i I want to them to smell me 10 minutes before I arrive, Kourous

and for special occasion Musk Koblai Kahn

My bottle of Quorum smells great, and has no scent in 15 minutes. This example, at least, is no powerhouse.

Do love the Azzaro pour home; with enough sprays ...

AA

My bottle of Quorum is newer and a few shots last all day....another example of YMMV.
I agree on the Azzaro. I had problems initially. A few more shots than my norm and I am good to good.

"Back in the day" when I was a young and reckless red blooded alpha male in my early 20s, and had more money than sense, my splash of choice was Farenheit by Christian Dior, girls loved it, I could drench myself in it - and girls still loved it !!

Now, at 46, although I could stretch to a bottle of Farenheit, when I see the price I just think about how I could buy a year's supply of Williams Expert Aqua Velva for the same price as one bottle of Farenheit and decide to leave the Farenheit well alone.............

Now my splash of choice, and all time favourite is Tabac Original - a whiff of it brings back happy memories of nights out in Magalluf, and when I use a generous amount of it, it still smells great
IMHO Tabac is strictly for use after sundown, so when I use it occasionally when I'm getting ready for a night out, I enjoy it all the more

A close 2nd is Varon Dandy - it's a powerful, leathery, tobaccoey, very "Spanish" scent, the "Spanish Gentleman's cologne of choice" for almost 100 years, and equally suitable early in the morning or late at night
Even if I douse myself in it, good looking women in their 40s still don't get offended, and I'll even get the occasional "You smell nice" comment from well preserved women in their 50s

Another for me is Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, although it's a bit love/hate with me - I can only use it when I'm in the right mood, 9 times out of 10 when I open the bottle and take a whiff, I end up putting it back on the shelf and using something else.................
The scent reminds me a bit of Rum & Coke - which was my drink of choice for happy days and holidays
On a good day it reminds me of Captain Morgan & Diet Coke - just the right mix of strong and sweet
But on a bad day it reminds me of Lamb's & Regular Pepsi - cloying, overpowering and sickly
Which is probably why it smells great on a good day, but if I use it on a bad day it gives me a headache - and probably everybody else who gets within 3 feet of me !!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+1 on Varon Dandy [MENTION=108689]adamchur[/MENTION]

A classic from 1927, little known to most Americans- but in Miami, it's widely known.

AA

I do love some Tabac as well. Varon Dandy is one I would like to try but have never had the opportunity to get my nose on it.

Top Bottom