What's new

Favorite Pinaud product...

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
You like Whisky Woods better than Pinaud VIBR?

Yes...I really like the scent of VIBR, but there's a fatal flaw with that product... the longevity is about 2 minutes. It's like pointless to even put it on.

Whiskey Woods on the other hand lasts a while.

Last edited:
Pinaud Cluman original.

proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
JCarr:
Having been a long, long time Original Clubman user for many years, I switched to Citrus Musk, Special Reserve and then 'dabbled' for a time with 'vintage' stock (Club Royal, Cologne Concerntrate, Naturelle Sec Eau de Cologne & Fleur de France Eau de Cologne). :thumbsup:

Update.png
...now I mix equal parts Clubman Reserve Brandy Spice & Whiskey Woods (and decant), to apply to my face and body.
Aftershave Slap Smiley.gif

However, I believe many of Pinuad's products can be 'drying' (because of it's high alcohol content), upon the face and body, but I've found (by 'trial & error'...I started with 2 drops at first), the addition of about 8 drops of glycerin per 6oz bottle greatly increases the moisturizing and toning aspects with no 'stickiness or heaviness'.

pinuad-logo-jpg.835297
"Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan

I have yet to find a single Pinaud product that I did not have to add glycerin to so I could use it. This puzzles me that everything in their line is that way. You think Pinaud would know better. The only other lotion I had to add glycerin to is Florida Water. Everything else I own moisturizes just fine.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have yet to find a single Pinaud product that I did not have to add glycerin to so I could use it. [...]
KUfan:
1-jpg.899177
...on behalf of all Pinaud / Clubman users...thanx for the support (I knew and am glad I'm not the only one who noticed this 'scented' anomaly), and for sharing. :thumbsup:

pinaud-clubman-jpg.835602
“I love a scent that can make memories come alive". Author Unknown

What's your favorite Pinaud product, if you like any of them at all?

As much as I'm a Bay Rum fan, my favorite Pinaud aftershave is Whiskey Woods.

For me, it's gotta be Classic Vanilla, which just barely hedges out Special Reserve. I can use Classic Vanilla pretty much any day, any occasion, any weather. Special Reserve, while being a lovely leather scent, is very dependent on occasion, it's not one to just be worn whenever, unless you want to be the "weird cologne guy."

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have yet to find a single Pinaud product that I did not have to add glycerin to so I could use it. This puzzles me that everything in their line is that way. You think Pinaud would know better. The only other lotion I had to add glycerin to is Florida Water. Everything else I own moisturizes just fine.

I could have sworn the three new ones (WW, BS, GG) have a moisturizer chemical (not glycerin) in them ...

AA

I own pretty much everything Clubman makes, and they’re all good products.
But, if I had to pick just one, it would have to be the veg. Mostly because of all the people on
this site that talk s**t on it. I used it for years and never thought about it twice, just another a/s. Then, after reading all of the uh, let’s call them ‘colorful’ descriptions, that appear on
this site from time to time (constantly), I became aware of it (Rockin’ the Veg today!).
Now when I wear it, I feel all militant about it. Like I’m Huey Newton or somebody.
Lilac Vegatal, ‘by any means necessary’. Personally I blame luvmysuper ‘I read your thread
You magnificent bastard!’

OK men, I am going to vent a bit here, and I understand how one man can like something, another can't. I admit that most Pinaud products don't rock my world. Some of us are firm believers in the brand, which is all fair and good. Last evening I was reading several threads on B&B, this one among them, and saw several shutouts for Lilac Vegetal. The Veg for me has always been a non-starter, and it is safe to to say the Veg is the most polarizing lotion available. So today I grew a huge pair and for the first time in at least three years applied some Lilac Vegetal to my face after a nice shave. And yet again as in every earlier attempt, I have to say, "I...just...don't...get...it." This thread has become an "up vote/down vote" place where some have been extolling the virtues of this concoction, and others have castigated the lilac liquid. As we all have remarked and read, you are either chosen, or not. Today, as on several other occasions, I tried. I...just...don't...get...it. I am not "chosen". I have made peace with the Veg. My glass bottle from the 90's will return to the back of my dresser top, still visible, and jog my brain from time to time as a reminder that some of us "get it", and some don't.

I love it, but it's so polarizing that I only wear it when I'm not going out, lest I offend strangers who are not " chosen."

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom