What's new

Favorite Pinaud product...

You like Whisky Woods better than Pinaud VIBR?
Yes...I really like the scent of VIBR, but there's a fatal flaw with that product... the longevity is about 2 minutes. It's like pointless to even put it on.

Whiskey Woods on the other hand lasts a while.

Last edited:
JCarr:
Having been a long, long time Original Clubman user for many years, I switched to Citrus Musk, Special Reserve and then 'dabbled' for a time with 'vintage' stock (Club Royal, Cologne Concerntrate, Naturelle Sec Eau de Cologne & Fleur de France Eau de Cologne). :thumbsup:

Update.png...now I mix equal parts Clubman Reserve Brandy Spice & Whiskey Woods (and decant), to apply to my face and body. Aftershave Slap Smiley.gif

However, I believe many of Pinuad's products can be 'drying' (because of it's high alcohol content), upon the face and body, but I've found (by 'trial & error'...I started with 2 drops at first), the addition of about 8 drops of glycerin per 6oz bottle greatly increases the moisturizing and toning aspects with no 'stickiness or heaviness'.

"Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan

I have yet to find a single Pinaud product that I did not have to add glycerin to so I could use it. This puzzles me that everything in their line is that way. You think Pinaud would know better. The only other lotion I had to add glycerin to is Florida Water. Everything else I own moisturizes just fine.

I have yet to find a single Pinaud product that I did not have to add glycerin to so I could use it. [...]
KUfan:
...on behalf of all Pinaud / Clubman users...thanx for the support (I knew and am glad I'm not the only one who noticed this 'scented' anomaly), and for sharing. :thumbsup:

“I love a scent that can make memories come alive". Author Unknown

What's your favorite Pinaud product, if you like any of them at all?

As much as I'm a Bay Rum fan, my favorite Pinaud aftershave is Whiskey Woods.
For me, it's gotta be Classic Vanilla, which just barely hedges out Special Reserve. I can use Classic Vanilla pretty much any day, any occasion, any weather. Special Reserve, while being a lovely leather scent, is very dependent on occasion, it's not one to just be worn whenever, unless you want to be the "weird cologne guy."

Ad Astra

Ambassador
I have yet to find a single Pinaud product that I did not have to add glycerin to so I could use it. This puzzles me that everything in their line is that way. You think Pinaud would know better. The only other lotion I had to add glycerin to is Florida Water. Everything else I own moisturizes just fine.
I could have sworn the three new ones (WW, BS, GG) have a moisturizer chemical (not glycerin) in them ...

AA