What's new

Favorite part of the shave?

What's your favorite part of the shave process?

For me it's the feeling of working an ASB into a nice BBS and savoring a job well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh I like it all to be honest, but I especially love the generous splash of aftershave at the end - so refreshing!

For me it's the razor itself. More specifically finding, collecting, and using as many different vintage razors as I can. I've come to like the soaps, brushes, and aftershaves, but it's still really about the razor. Whether it's something unusual and valuable or just a beat up Super Speed it's the razor.

For me it's a toss up between the act of shaving itself, the sting, yet instant relief of the alum and splashing on the aftershave at the end

I like the rinsing of the face with the water at the end of the shave,

And the towel drying before the aftershave which honestly I don't always use..

Just that clean, smooth, no more stubble feeling makes my day!

I apologize if you've heard this before... I have a rule that I will not touch my face after applying my alcohol splash post-shave until I'm standing on my train commuter platform about 20 minutes later. The best part of my shave is standing on the platform, looking south, waiting for the train, and finally giving myself the luxury of feeling my shave that day on my face.

I apologize if you've heard this before... I have a rule that I will not touch my face after applying my alcohol splash post-shave until I'm standing on my train commuter platform about 20 minutes later. The best part of my shave is standing on the platform, looking south, waiting for the train, and finally giving myself the luxury of feeling my shave that day on my face.

An intriguing example of self control! :001_smile

The best part is the choices. Which razor? Which blade? Which soap? Which brush? And the satisfaction when it all comes together.

In my pre de days, choice didn't really enter into the process.

Top Bottom