What's new

Favorite OTC Tobacco - Carter Hall, Prince Albert, Lane Limited Ready Rubbed, or something else?

What is you favorite OTC Tobacco - Carter Hall, Prince Albert, Lane Limited Ready Rubbed, or something else?

I'll start: Carter Hall

I'm glad this got posted, just went through a bag of Carter Hall and thought, what else am I missing.

By default CH, since it's the only one that I have had.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm an occasional pipe smoker, and buy as and when I use it, but I might go two or three months without. I tend to get Condor, GH Coniston Cut Plug, or one of the Kendal shag tobacccos.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Don’t really smoke any OTC with any regularity, but the CB Grape was a nice change of pace.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Don’t really smoke any OTC with any regularity, but the CB Grape was a nice change of pace.
Really, I thought you were joking.

Carter Hall is my favorite OTC now, but for years it was Captain Black white label.

I just tried Lane Limited Ready Rubbed on Sunday. I had high hopes, but it just didn't cut it. It was cool to smoke but had very little flavor. The real killer was the room note. That tobacco stunk up my house like nothing I have ever smoked in-doors.

I’m in the minority that doesn’t like Carter Hall.

I do like in no particular order:
Prince Albert
Half and Half
Velvet
Wild Atlantic
Middleton’s Cherry
Sir Walter Raleigh

Carter hall would be my favorite.

But I have like captain black white, dark, and royal. Prince albert was pretty good. Sir Walter Raleigh was ok but not a favorite.

I didn't care for CB Gold. I sorta liked half and half at the beginning but didn't care for it the second go round. It bit me so bad I tossed the pouch lol. Also didn't care for paladin.

Carter hall! Its a staple in my cellar. I smoke it straight and use it to tame heavy blends or make other blends easier to smoke. Its what I give to all my newbie friends, and its always been a hit.
I recently tried P&C's Chatham Manor...its OK and I'll probably blend with it, but its not as good as CH straight up.

Peterson Irish Dew.

Amphora Original.

Not sure if they are really OTC, but they come in OTC pouch packaging...and taste better than Carter Hall, SWR, etc.

Top Bottom