What's new

Favorite Orange Scented Soap

I've only used one soap with an orange scent and that was Tangerine Dove bath soap. Yes I know it's my wife's bath soap. It's not Tabac or Cella but I got a darn good lather when I shaved with it while taking a bath. I got a lather like I did with VDH.

Sir Steve_in_ct, at some point you might try Penhaligon's Castile shave cream and cologne.
More complex than straight orange...bergamot, orange flower, some neroli, rose and woods.

penhaligons castile rooney puma july 4 2019.jpg

I've always enjoyed orange scented soaps and have used several over the years. Currently I'm nearing the end of my Cold River Soap Works Jardin d'Orange. This is a thoroughly enjoyable scent coupled with excellent performance, but I like variety so I'm looking to replace it with something else. I have used Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte, Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper and at least one or two others I can no longer remember. I've also used unscented soap with a few drops of orange essential oil. The A&E was a bit too sweet for me, and all I remember about Mike's was that I really enjoyed it. I could buy some more CRSW or return to Mike's, but I figured I'd see what else folks out there are recommending for orange scented soap.
I also love orange soaps, and the ones you mention are favorites, especially Jardin d'Orange. I also like Declaration Grooming Trismegistus. Grooming Dept has done some nice ones as well. GD Citric and Valencia are really good, although you'd probably have to find them on the secondary market since they are sold out.

Sir Steve_in_ct, at some point you might try Penhaligon's Castile shave cream and cologne.
More complex than straight orange...bergamot, orange flower, some neroli, rose and woods.

View attachment 1056962
Sadly, Castile shave cream is no longer being manufactured. I agree that the scent is intoxicating, although it smells mostly of neroli to my nose.

For a straight-up orange scented soap that is really a good bargain, consider RazoRock What the Puck? Orange Sunrise. Surprisingly good triple-milled soap that is cheap as chips.

Big fan of Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle. I have some Eleven Organic Sweet Orange on the way. I wish I liked Razorock What the Puck orange, but it's not my favorite. Haven't tried any others.

i have gone through a couple of mikes orange cedar and loved it.

never knew about B&M Nordost though...and just ordered a puck for $17.99 shipped

Last edited:
I do like the Razorock What The Puck Orange, it's a blast of real oranges. I also enjoy a Caties Bubbles Noah L'Orange. I wanted it more for the fact it was a Prader-Willi syndrome benefit product, something my wife's job brings her into contact with.

I'm with sarimento1, here! Penhaligon's "Castile" has been a favorite of mine for years since I bought some the year it first came out in London on one of my many trips there! Penhaligon's is my only go-to place for scents and I have enough supply of everything on-hand until 10 years after I die! It is the best for me!

View attachment 1056962

My Barrister and Mann Nordost (where does that name come from?) arrived yesterday, so this morning was my first outing with it. I'm not great at describing scents, so let me just say that it is a great orange scented soap. I was able to do a direct comparison with CRSW Jardin d'Orange, and Nordost seems a bit fresher, if that makes any sense. Although Nordost claims to be "smoked" orange, compared to the CRSW it seems to be a brighter fragrance. Of the orange soaps I've tried, I would put these two at the top, although it's been a long time since I used Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper, and I remember it being a great fragrance. To me the Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte is a tiny step down on the ladder from Nordost and Jardin d'Orange. Performance wise, Nordost is as good as anything I've tried, although the CRSW is certainly a top tier performer for me as well.

i should have mine tomorrow.

My Barrister and Mann Nordost (where does that name come from?) arrived yesterday, so this morning was my first outing with it. I'm not great at describing scents, so let me just say that it is a great orange scented soap. I was able to do a direct comparison with CRSW Jardin d'Orange, and Nordost seems a bit fresher, if that makes any sense. Although Nordost claims to be "smoked" orange, compared to the CRSW it seems to be a brighter fragrance. Of the orange soaps I've tried, I would put these two at the top, although it's been a long time since I used Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper, and I remember it being a great fragrance. To me the Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte is a tiny step down on the ladder from Nordost and Jardin d'Orange. Performance wise, Nordost is as good as anything I've tried, although the CRSW is certainly a top tier performer for me as well.

When they have it in stock, Chiseled Face Orange Creamsicle is an excellent soap. It truly smells like a Creamsicle with an added kick of menthol. They're out of the soap right now, but they do have some after shave splash in stock.

just got the nordost today in the mail. smells like a nice deep orange scent.
will use it tomorrow morning for a face and head shave. been happily using dr jons hydra the past few days and this one smells great to me.

Top Bottom