What's new

Favorite movie from your favorite razor

My favourite razor that I can date to a specific year is a Gillette Slim from 1966.
Favourite movie from that year?
(Now) "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"
Because: great acting by veterans of the screen.
proxy.php

(Then) "One Million Years B.C."
Because: Raquel Welch (duh!), Ray Harryhausen's anachronistic dinosaurs, and I was 13 years old.
proxy.php

Coincidentally, that was the year that "Manos: The Hands of Fate" was released.
Worst. Movie. Ever.
proxy.php

Even worse than "Plan 9 From Outer Space".
Really.
"The Master would not agree!"

My favourite razor that I can date to a specific year is a Gillette Slim from 1966.
Favourite movie from that year?
(Now) "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"
Because: great acting by veterans of the screen.
proxy.php

(Then) "One Million Years B.C."
Because: Raquel Welch (duh!), Ray Harryhausen's anachronistic dinosaurs, and I was 13 years old.
proxy.php

Coincidentally, that was the year that "Manos: The Hands of Fate" was released.
Worst. Movie. Ever.
proxy.php

Even worse than "Plan 9 From Outer Space".
Really.
"The Master would not agree!"

You only say that because you've not experienced the full on unredeemably terrible that is 'Birdemic'.

My birthyear is 1949, I consider the Micromatic series Flying Wing 47-49 as razor favorite and "The Third Man" as my movie choice

Also '49.
Favorite razor: 1949 SuperSpeed
Runner-up: Aristocrat
Favorite movie: Adam's Rib
Runner-up: I Was a Male War Bride

And "Plan 9" is worse?

I MUST see this film...
Ummm... Plan 9 is the best of the three, for the unintentional humor.
Birdemic is worse, in that it is less entertaining.
Manos is the worst. So bad that when it was featured on "Mystery Science Theater 3000" the Mads both apologized to Joel and the robots for sending them such an awful movie.
The straight version:
The MST3K version, with an educational short before it.

Yeah, Manos was pretty terrible.

I would have to watch them back to back a few times to figure out which I thought was actually worse, Birdemic or Manos, but suffice it to say they are probably two of the worst of all time. I think Manos has the edge over Birdemic only b/c Grandma was so sincere and sweet in Birdemic, which means that one at least has one redeeming quality.

Looking back on my post history, I note I often cite a 1956 ball end Tech in the "What razor/blade did you use today?" thread.

Well, if it is 1956, it has to be "The Searchers", with John Wayne. The movie Wayne should have gotten an Oscar for. The epic "The Ten Commandments" from that year would be my runner up.

I bought a birth year 1973 Super Speed once, expecting it to be my flagship razor [oh what a fool!]. Lots of good movies (and rock albums) in my birth year of '73, including "The Exorcist". But my personal choice is "The Legend of Hell House". You know, the one with Roddy McDowell.

Top Bottom