What's new

Favorite Menthol Aftershave?

I have recently tried and like Skin Bracer, and really would like to try an Osage Rub. What are your favorite menthol aftershaves, and why is it your favorite? Should I just get the Clubman Osage Rub next?

I really love the menthol, but not looking to smell like Listerine (I don't think). :laugh: I also thought that a completely home made menthol could avoid things I wouldn't like. I don't really like a musk scent, but more citrus, or sweet like vanilla.

Thanks, and I apologize if this is a repetitive question.

Lime Sec is another Pinaud Clubman product you might like but OR will be colder. If you want to try pure, unadulterated menthol, Fine Snake Bite might be the ticket.

Osage Rub! I use it after every shave. There's definitely a nice menthol hit there but it does go on with a bit of a medicinal scent. It quickly dissipates into a clean, powdery scent. (within 5-10+ minutes) I've gone out wearing just the Osage Rub without fear of smelling like I just slathered on some sore muscle ointment but I usually wear another aftershave or cologne on top of it and it doesn't interfere with either. I like Osage Rub for the alcohol and the menthol effects and wear something on top of it for scent although the powdery scent it wears down to is a nice and subtle scent too.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Why? Because there's something about an Aqua Velva man!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few votes for AV Ice Blue and I like it too (used some just tonight) but I don't get as much menthol rush as I do with some others. Earlier I forgot to mention Chistled Face Groomatorium Cryogen but I've only used it following the soap and after that, I don't know which one contributes the most. I need to get some Krampert's.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I do love my Osage Rub for all the reasons mentioned above. It also takes me back to the barber shops I went to when I was a kid. Also, it makes my skin feel pretty dadgum good!

Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic is fantastic. I reach for that quite often when I'm feeling less nostalgic.

You can add menthol crystals to any splash, also, and that's fun. I've already done that with a couple with very pleasant results. One thing I've noticed is that I need to be sure and shake those before using them, though. Getting that menthol fully dissolved really takes some doing.

Osage Rub! I use it after every shave. There's definitely a nice menthol hit there but it does go on with a bit of a medicinal scent. It quickly dissipates into a clean, powdery scent. (within 5-10+ minutes) I've gone out wearing just the Osage Rub without fear of smelling like I just slathered on some sore muscle ointment but I usually wear another aftershave or cologne on top of it and it doesn't interfere with either. I like Osage Rub for the alcohol and the menthol effects and wear something on top of it for scent although the powdery scent it wears down to is a nice and subtle scent too.
+1 on this. Can use another aftershave and /or cologne minutes after the Osage. I literally cover my head with the stuff, it feels great for quite a while. If your hot, it cools you off. It's so cheap, you can't go wrong.

Myrsol F, Aqua Velva Floid Blue all great menthol splashes.
A personal favorite is Alt Innsbruck with its tobacco dry down.

I'm another one that votes for Aqua Velva Ice Blue. That is my go to aftershave when I need something that I can trust to treat my skin just right. As a matter of fact, I'll be using some tonight after I shower and shave.

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions. I am going to get the Osage Rub, but surely will have to try some others.

Honestly, I am brand new to this after shave thing, and I mean the traditional stuff. I have experience with Old Spice, but not all the others.

Based on my need for putting the Skin Bracer on after a shower every night, I think this menthol thing could become a habit!

Fine Snake Bite is almost pure menthol. Actually, all of the Fine aftershaves have menthol, but, Snake Bite has the most.

Morsel Blue is my favorite, though.

Top Bottom