What's new

Favorite Menthol Aftershave?

I love Master Blue for a menthol kick that lasts a few hours longer than AV.

The only Master's splash I have is their Bay Rum (only one locally available) but I'd like to try some others. The price is right and I know a couple of online places that stock it.

The only Master's splash I have is their Bay Rum (only one locally available) but I'd like to try some others. The price is right and I know a couple of online places that stock it.

I traded for about 4 of their scents and all of them blew me away. Great scents with staying power. It is also convenient that they just moved their factory to the west side of Chicago. I emailed them asking if they had a factory store and got a very nice email backing saying no but that I was more than welcome to stop by and they'd set everything out for me to sample and purchase.

I know the first thing I'll be doing once I'm out of the yearly...

Alcoladol Glacial from the Caribbean. It may not be quite as cold as The Rub it has a nicer fragrance and is easier on my face. That said, nothing beats The Rub on a hot day.

I have recently tried and like Skin Bracer, and really would like to try an Osage Rub. What are your favorite menthol aftershaves, and why is it your favorite? Should I just get the Clubman Osage Rub next?

I really love the menthol, but not looking to smell like Listerine (I don't think). :laugh: I also thought that a completely home made menthol could avoid things I wouldn't like. I don't really like a musk scent, but more citrus, or sweet like vanilla.

Thanks, and I apologize if this is a repetitive question.
Definitely get the Osage Rub, then you can mix it 50/50 with the Skin Bracer! You get the freeze of Osage Rub and the nice aroma of Skin Bracer. Also, as a few others have mentioned, Master Blue is really, really good stuff. I personally like it a bit more than Aqua Velva Ice Blue, so you know it must be good! Have fun finding your favorites!

Mellow Menthol: AV Ice Blue, any of the Fine AS's other than Frostbite, Proraso Green.

Serious Menthol: Osage rub, Fine Frostbite, any of the Stirling Glacials.

Totally over the top face freezing eye watering Menthol: Cryogen. Really.

--Bob

Last edited:
AV Ice Blue

I recently got some menthol crystals, and have some of the liquid menthol from TSD on the way. Soon, everything will have some menthol!

Thank you everyone. I have the Fine Snake Bite & Osage Rub to start with. Ordering in the morning!

Top Bottom