What's new

Favorite lime AS for summer?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Tried some Pinaud Lime Sec, and, initially, almost dumped it. Glad I waited for the dry down; it's now become a summer favorite here. I doped mine a bit, though, adding glycerin to enhance its AS properties, and menthol for a cool summer kick. Best part is that its so economical, I can splash it about liberally on hot summer days. It ain't St. John's, but it does the trick.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Tried some Pinaud Lime Sec, and, initially, almost dumped it. Glad I waited for the dry down; it's now become a summer favorite here. I doped mine a bit, though, adding glycerin to enhance its AS properties, and menthol for a cool summer kick. Best part is that its so economical, I can splash it about liberally on hot summer days. It ain't St. John's, but it does the trick.
I'm intrigued now. Thanks.

I love balms for my aftershave, so my vote is Stirling Lime - a very strong, fresh essential oil lime. Also a great moisturizer, and no weird chemicals.

I've also tried Elvado's Tahitian Lime tonic and Elvado's mint lime aftershave, which aren't nearly as "lime-y".

Guessing that we're talking commercially available only? If so then there isn't one that I have LOL! If we're talking about anything and everything then my Menthoholic Lime splash is my favorite.

Just read the scent profile online. I'd think that the grapefruit would overpower the subtle fragrance of lime.

I'm not a good resource for scent nuances. My 63 year-old nose knows what it likes, and Frankenlime is one of them. Even the lime is subdued, and I don't detect any grapefruit. For me, it's more a potpourri of notes that just works for me.

Definitely Royall Lyme. I haven't seen Captains Choice or St Johns in the UK.
Royall Lyme was an affordable import.

I have some Royall Lyme on order and hopefully it will be here Saturday, I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Don't overlook TOBS Victorian Lime. Lime and powder...classy and great for summer. Decent longetivity, too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm too lazy to look, so maybe I have already posted this, but here goes:

I bought some Bergamot essential oil a couple years ago. I mixed some drops in dollar store version Old Spice. Awesomeness.

A little bit ago I mixed some into vintage Avon Tribute. Double Awesomeness!

I don't really like lime that much, but Captain's Choice makes a great lime aftershave. I have some that I won in a giveaway. I might PIF it because I've had it for several years and never use it... same with most of my shaving stuff... I have a problem.

Top Bottom