What's new

Favorite lime AS for summer?

I tried the Royall Lyme this morning and really like it, Management says she likes it too so that's a plus.

Right now it's Stirling Lime. Authentic smelling - not sweet, it has a fairly strong scent compared to most Lime aftershaves. Col. Conk was actually very good too, I thought. It is sweeter, but in a good way. The only other Lime a/s I remember trying was Captain's Choice which I HATED. I know many like it, but to me it didn't smell anything like lime?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
IMG_20190903_153707496~2.jpg

I see your next movie is coming out soon, @Ad Astra !

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm still only a little upset at you for not gettin' me a role. Tommy Lee Jones instead of me? Seriously?

Taylor (Swift) and I were talking about casting you, but she owed TLJ a favor, so. Next time.

On the bright side ... we both have plenty of Avon Island Lime!

AA :cornut: :innocent: :surrender: :nono:

FarmerTan

I have two, full, "Straight 8" cars of Island Lime. Good enough!

Want to try a Lime Bay Rum mix, ala Bootleggers, but don't want to use precious Avon.

AA
I have put a drop of Bergamot essential oil in my palm and then put some Avon Bay Rum in the palm and put it on my face. Smelled good enough to tempt me into mixing up a couple ounces..... but haven't done it yet.

Like you, I have found vintage Avon Bay Rum is a bit more difficult to find than say, Wild Country.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have put a drop of Bergamot essential oil in my palm and then put some Avon Bay Rum in the palm and put it on my face. Smelled good enough to tempt me into mixing up a couple ounces..... but haven't done it yet.

Like you, I have found vintage Avon Bay Rum is a bit more difficult to find than say, Wild Country.

I have a swimming pool full of Wild Country! :a14:

Have found Island Lime in the wild, but the Avon Bay Rum, had to resort to the bid site.

I have, actually, both the 1969-made barrel of Bay Rum and the 1980s re-issue bottle. They're not the same. The reissue has some capillary-action chemical whereby it makes your lips kinda burn - you taste it. I have observed this in one other aftershave, Lucky Tiger "Bay Rum" (which is a gross floral, in addition to the capillary action thing. Avoid).

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have two, full, "Straight 8" cars of Island Lime. Good enough!

Want to try a Lime Bay Rum mix, ala Bootleggers, but don't want to use precious Avon.

AA

Avon's Island Lime and Bay Rum are both very hard to find. If I had both I might mix a little in my hand, but I wouldn't mix them with anything else except each other. Not even my Bootlegger's.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Avon's Island Lime and Bay Rum are both very hard to find. If I had both I might mix a little in my hand, but I wouldn't mix them with anything else except each other. Not even my Bootlegger's.

The Avons are great, aren't they? Just the right alky, glycerin, and the scents hold up fifty years!

Hm, what you suggested... I easily could try!

AA

FarmerTan

It is amazing how well they hold up. I had one bottle of something Avon that turned, but I forget now which one it was.

Top Bottom