What's new

Favorite inexpensive fragrances (under $35)

Encre Noire, usually under $30. Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris, about the same price.

+1

Others to try out:
Perry Ellis 360 Red - Previously mentioned as a spicier Acqua di Gio
Franck Olivier Black Touch - This is what happens when Terre d'Hermes meets Encre Noire
Yardley Citrus and Woods - Another alternative/similar scent to Terre d'Hermes
Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Him / Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Platinum for Him
Hanae Mori Edt/EdP

+1

Others to try out:
Perry Ellis 360 Red - Previously mentioned as a spicier Acqua di Gio
Franck Olivier Black Touch - This is what happens when Terre d'Hermes meets Encre Noire
Yardley Citrus and Woods - Another alternative/similar scent to Terre d'Hermes
Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Him / Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Platinum for Him
Hanae Mori Edt/EdP

Very intrigued by Black Touch and Yardley Citrus and Woods. If you had to pick one that was more worth owning than the other which would you choose?

You won't be disappointed by Quorum. Check out what the Pour Monsieur blog has to say about it.

Ugggh, I have to admit, I ordered Quorum Silver instead.

It's not bad, but I really think it's short lasting. For an EdT it's gone in a couple hours, easy.

Sandalwood (Caswell-Massey?) is pretty good tho. Really need to be light with it or else it overpowers. And smells good, not great. I find it a little sweet, but I'm not sure what real sandalwood is supposed to smell like, other than incense.

Question: should I save/store in the box? I see people recommending this, but seems overkill to me.

try the C.O. Bigelow Barber Cologne - Elixir Black - No. 1581 I picked up a new bottle on ebay for $15 ... BEST smelling cologne under $20 I ever owned

$41bWJDQ1zUL__SY355_.jpg

Very intrigued by Black Touch and Yardley Citrus and Woods. If you had to pick one that was more worth owning than the other which would you choose?

Honestly, try to get both if you can as Black Touch is more an evening scent while Yardley C&W matches well with the daytime hours (IMO). If I had to choose, i would go BT because I have TdH already. To my nose, C&W smells similar to TdH but it is brighter and zestier. The orange note in TdH is replaced with lemon/lime in C&W. BT has a vetiver finish...it is just difficult to describe as there is a lot of good things going on :)

I am loving Midnight in Paris right now. It can be had for $35 and is great value for the money. For me it is the cheaper version of Invasion Barbare by MDCI, which is considered to be one of the best niche frags ever! In other words, it is a crowd pleaser.

I've replied to this thread a long time ago, but after sifting through my collection yesterday I've come to realize that Azzaro Pour Homme might be best inexpensive fragrance ever. Clearly this is just my opinion, but I think it is the most versatile, and best smelling sub-$35 fragrance in existence. I'm a sucker for those barbershop-fougeres, and Azzaro PH is one of the better ones at any price. I have the summer edition as well, and it is just as good. If it really came down to it, and I absolutely HAD to choose one fragrance that costs less than $35 to be the only one I ever used again, it would be Azzaro PH. While ApH is my favorite, there are still a few others that I have that I think are worth mentioning:

Lalique Encre Noire
Juicy Couture Dirty English
Caron Pour un Homme
Lomani AB Spirit Silver
Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo

These are all great budget-frags that I wear frequently. I have some pretty expensive fragrances as well - a handful of Creeds, a couple Tom Ford's, Serge Lutens, YSL, Dior, etc. While I absolutely love my more expensive fragrances, I will reinforce the sentiment that it is absolutely not necessary to spend a ton of money to smell great.

Last edited:
I am loving Midnight in Paris right now. It can be had for $35 and is great value for the money. For me it is the cheaper version of Invasion Barbare by MDCI, which is considered to be one of the best niche frags ever! In other words, it is a crowd pleaser.

Coincidentally, I ordered MiP last week and it was delivered yesterday.........Of course, I am out travelling (not fun and not for fun)...

acquired from Target .. 3.4oz bottle of Perry Ellis 360 Red for $23 and I can honestly say this is the BEST cologne I have for under $35 ..actually like it better than some of the colognes costing 3x the price, smells wonderful and masculine

I have close to 50 bottles ranging from bargain bin to expensive niche and the best bargain I have found so far recently is:

Tobacco 1812 from West Third Brand

It is a mix of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and a hint of cherry, but the kicker is I like it better then Tobacco Vanille and it lasts just as long. If anyone knows Tom Fords Private Line they know they last into the next week :) I had about 5 different girls hanging around me sniffing me at work. Dont buy it off their site. My estimated shipping was $16 :(. Get it from Smallflower http://www.smallflower.com/west-third/tobacco-1812-body-spray-2oz-10069904 dont let the body spray fool ya. Its a longevity BEAST with really good projection.

Top Bottom