What's new

Favorite Gillette?

not much love for the Slim Adjustable...I have one and it's my absolute favorite...so good for me that I bought a second one off the BST this week...and I have two Red Tips on the way, so with their reputation, if my vote changes I'll note it in this thread...like we will actually be waiting for my triumphant response to my own question!!! lol

seriously, Slim Adjustable...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Luc, when you refer to the short teeth as scraping a bit more, is that the short teeth on a new and improved or the short tooth version (if I have my razors right) of a NEW, like this.

It would be the one in the picture...

I'd have to say out of all the Gillette's (and there are many) that I own, My favorite is the 55' Diplomat shown here in my 5-18-09 SOTD.

proxy.php

I LOVE this picture, Ray. I want to have it framed and hang it in my office!

But my recommendation would be either a Fat Handled Tech, or a Slim Adjustable or Super Adjustable. My personal favorite is the Red Tip, but I have a coarse beard and have to shave every day. Sounds like you have a lighter beard, so the Red Tip is probably a little more aggressive of a shaver than you need. You can use a very sharp blade like a Feather with the Tech, or a milder blade if that suits you better. With the adjustables, you can dial them in to your personal level of aggressiveness or mildness. Good luck!

:cool:

Thought I'd bring back an old thread because I was wondering which Gillette was most favored. I was surprised to see so many Tech votes here.

I love the Brit Aristocrats lately. My pick for absolute favorite would have to be #21.

1934 Aristocrat. Far and away the best Gillette IMHO. Get a BBS and feel like you shaved with velvet. A side benefit is it is good looking too.

Pickup a nice Red Tip on eBay. They are not that expensive-they are not adjustable-and they are truly brilliant performers.

My favorite is my Rocket HD. Heavy (71 grams), built like a tank, and always delivers a great shave. My second favorite tends to change, since I like all of my razors, but right now I'd say the Fatboy by a nose over the Slim.

Top Bottom