What's new

Favorite female singers

Two of the ladies with voices so unique you can always pick them out are Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton. I love their voices.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
These days, I love Alice Merton. She is a guiding light to reality in this strange realm of mediocrity of mainstream music. Through the ages I've enjoyed Pat Benetar, Adele, Faith Hill, Annie Lennox, and too many to name.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Little Pat Benatar had a five octave range. Can't believe it's been 40 years!

proxy.php

Also Kate Bush. Such a voice.

AA
proxy.php
Still don't know why Pat isn't in the hall. Eh, the hall is overated anyway.

I’m not the first person to think of this .. but for newer singers Lorde really reminds me of Kate Bushes in her own head persona/ lyrical weirdness

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
No particular order.

Lizzy Hale
Joan Jett
Pat Benatar
Amy Lee
Ann Wilson
Kirsten Rosenberg
Jennifer Nettles

some that I haven't seen listed (and maybe I missed them)
Pheobe Snow
Sheila Nicholls
Corinne Drewery,
and since I am a movie junkie: Marni Nixon.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I cannot choose a favorite. Too many. Many named here already. I'll chime in again.

But I gotta tell you. Recently, I can't get enough of Gladys Knight.

When I got my first radio, I was about 6, living in Austin, TX. It was an AM radio, and being Austin, nothing but country stations. Some of the ladies that I first learned to recognize were Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Dolly, and one whom I haven't heard from in a very long time, Crystal Gayle.
Crystal Gayle was the first female singer who I fell for, and you would see her on the various variety shows.
Then of course you had Barbara Mandrell, who was cute as a button, and her sisters...

Top Bottom