What's new

Favorite female singers

So who do ya'll gravitate towards?

For me, I will always stop the dial when I hear Stevie Nicks. She has so much natural talent, and didn't need to have her voice run through any kind of board or autotune like so many 'artists' (both male and female) do today.
Here is an example of what I mean:

Of course, being smokin' hot clearly doesn't hurt, but man what a voice.

Another is Janis Joplin. While she could belt it out, my hands down fav is Mercedes Benz... So tragic that the music world lost her.

Post up your favs...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wendy O'Williams
1602337133788.png

No really :001_tongu

Alison Krauss and Melissa Etheridge : Both ladies sound exactly the same live as from studio recordings.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
The list is endless......
Carole King
Tammy Terrell
Sarah McLachlan
Nora Jones
Sara Brightman
Dinah Washington
Linda Ronstadt
Cheryl Wheeler (excellent songwriter!)
Diana Ross
Billie Holiday
Loreena McKennett
Ruth Moody

Cheryl Wheeler ... 75 Years

Last edited:

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Several of these have already been mentioned but the ones that immediately come to my mind are Amy Winehouse, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Stevie Nicks, Patsy Cline, Rhiannon Giddens, Lucinda Williams, Nina Simone, Allison Krauss, Dolores O'Riordan, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Gillian Welch, Neko Case, Cary Ann Hearst, Brandi Carlile, Jonette Napolitano, Loretta Lynn. So many talented female artists out there....

Check out The Secret Sisters...

Too many female favorites over the years, and too few brain cells left to remember them all. Without sorting through hundreds of CDs, my taste in female artists depending on mood and the amount of gin I've consumed, ranges from 1930s Billie Holiday, to Patsy Cline, the great female rock&roll groups of the early 1960s, Meesha Shafi (Coke Studio Pakistan), and more recently the lead singer of Bridge City Sinners. Sadly, I can't think of any from the 1970s thru 2010, as my music taste in that period was mostly punk and Irish punk, which was dominated by male bands.

Top Bottom