What's new

Favorite Fall/Winter frags on a budget?

Have you checked out any of the online retailers? I have used both Fragrancenet and FragranceX and have been very happy. !

Vlad to hear you have had good experiences here. At their price points I have wondered about authenticity.

$image.jpeg
$image.jpeg
$image.png
$image.jpeg
$image.jpeg

There are several here I will eventually will try. I really like old school scents. I especially want to check out Vetiver, Habit Rouge and Lapidus.
Kourous is like the veg of the fragrance world. I'm among those that adore it, but I wouldn't consider it a safe blind buy. Also, it really needs to be sprayed on skin. The first time I smelled it, on cotton, all I got out of it was clean urinal puck. It is entirely different on skin.
Polo Green is great, but it lasts about 2 hours on me. They normally have a tester at Sephora, so if you want to see for yourself you can simply take a trip to your local store.
Geurlain Vetiver is wonderful. I've never owned a bottle because I prefer the more synthetic and swampy vetiver of Encore Noir. I think of vetiver as suitable for wearing year round.
Lapidus is very old school. Pineapple, juniper, honey, wax, and musk. I love to put it on after using a bay rum aftershave.
Quorum is my absolute favorite scent.
VC&A pour Homme is brutal in its formal manliness. I enjoy wearing it for somewhat formal occasions. It eventually drys down and is less aggressive.

Old school is often your best value for good scents.

YSL Body Kouros is a really nice winter scent. Maybe not very old school but still nice.

Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir is a great barbershop'ish scent which is easy to wear.

Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac, fantastic soapy, tobacco scent. Gentlemans scent.

Also have to agree with Burberry London.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Can't go wrong with anything mentioned above. My staple for any season us Azzaro-Chrome.

Last edited:
Azzaro pour Homme / Cuba Black
Guerlain Vetiver
L'Occitaine Vetyver
Franck Olivier black Touch - dirty orange great longevity and decent projection.
Alfred Sung - Sung Homme - powerful and does have an Irish spring soap thing going on

Budget? Yes, just add small drop of Norne to dime-size dollop of unscented lotion in palm of your hand, rub palms together then spread lotion through hair and this powerful elixir will last all day!

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just picked up Bulgari Pour Homme Soir, a woody - spicy - oriental.

Tea/bergamot, Amber and papyrus notes; interesting, surely a fall scent.

AA

No one has mentioned one of the great classic old school scents of all time, OS Burley. A true definite cold weather Icon. Honorable mention for me are, Canoe Vintage edt, OS Whitewater and anything from OS will work. As long as it's classic vintage OS, nothing comes close.

Bottom shelf budget EDT with a terrific warm scent-- kanon Norwegian Wood. A sandalwood (or at least the scent of a freshly sawn plank) that's all wood. You'll smell like St Joseph's carpenter shop. Only about $12 online in the US. They also have an A/S splash.

Every time someone asks this question, I ALWAYS say "Animale Animale". Do yourself a favor and pick it up, it's easily my biggest compliment getter and it's $20. If you hate it, I'll buy it off of you lol

Kourous is like the veg of the fragrance world. I'm among those that adore it, but I wouldn't consider it a safe blind buy. Also, it really needs to be sprayed on skin. The first time I smelled it, on cotton, all I got out of it was clean urinal puck. It is entirely different on skin.
Polo Green is great, but it lasts about 2 hours on me. They normally have a tester at Sephora, so if you want to see for yourself you can simply take a trip to your local store.
Geurlain Vetiver is wonderful. I've never owned a bottle because I prefer the more synthetic and swampy vetiver of Encore Noir. I think of vetiver as suitable for wearing year round.
Lapidus is very old school. Pineapple, juniper, honey, wax, and musk. I love to put it on after using a bay rum aftershave.
Quorum is my absolute favorite scent.
VC&A pour Homme is brutal in its formal manliness. I enjoy wearing it for somewhat formal occasions. It eventually drys down and is less aggressive.

Old school is often your best value for good scents.

This is a very good list. I have them all except Polo. Aside from Knize Ten, Kouros is my favorite.

Top Bottom