What's new

Favorite Fall Soaps

This is my first fall shaving with multiple shave soaps since this forum opened up my eyes (and wallet) just a couple months ago. So for me:

1. Stirling Coniferous
2. Stirling Arkadia (to me it just seems woodier and more appropriate)
3. TOBS Royal Forest, perhaps.

Stirling Gatlinburg just about checks every box off for me as far as Fall scents go.

A very woodsy, smoky, masculine outdoorsy scent. The cedarwood, sage, and Cade notes really stand out to me. Already a huge fan of it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All right; got Stirling Ozark (Gatlinburg? tossed the label), B&M Hallows, SW Lycanthropy and DG Darkfall in the game ...

AA

I haven't tried a ton of different soaps but I really like Stirling Ozark scent. I think most people would find that scent agreeable.

In no particular order:
Ethos Lavender
Ethos Dragonsbeard
Ethos Melange d'agrumes

And if you will permit me a 4th entry:
MdC Fougere

For real/cool fall weather (not like TX fall), I like:

- Ariana & Evans - Uno (primarily woodsy accords with spice + some citrus in the opening)
- Eufros - Brisa Oriente (cardamom and warm woodsy notes)
- Eufros - Fougere (green, herbal, leafy, woodsy...best Fougere scent ever IMO)
- Henri et Victoria - Cognac and Cuban Cigars (self-explanatory)
- Henri et Victoria - Duc de Santal (exotic woods and a touch of vanilla)
- Noble Otter - The Noir et Vanille (self-explanatory)
- Noble Otter - BarrBarr (warm cinnamon latte macchiato with a hint of lavender)

Alas, it'll be beaming sunshine and close to 90 here in Austin today, so I will opt for something a bit lighter and brighter.

shaved with stirling coniferous all week plus the sample of coniferous AS. I really like it. Didnt enjoy the scent of Autumn Glory that much (lucky it was just a sample). Will use Ozark Mountain next.

Just shaved with Hallows for the first time. I really like the scent although I'm still trying to unpack what's in it.

The only negative for me is that I don't have the AS and B&M isn't making any more aftershave splashes right now. I have the balm, but the balm just doesn't provide much scent longevity so I feel like I'm missing out a little on the experience. At least I'll be halfway to a complete set next year....

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Just shaved with Hallows for the first time. I really like the scent although I'm still trying to unpack what's in it.

The only negative for me is that I don't have the AS and B&M isn't making any more aftershave splashes right now. I have the balm, but the balm just doesn't provide much scent longevity so I feel like I'm missing out a little on the experience. At least I'll be halfway to a complete set next year....
‘Taking inspiration from the swamps of Boston, we combined vetiver, oakmoss, black pepper, cocoa, labdanum, and cedar to produce a deep, cold scent suited to the chilly, bitter days of late October. Gloomy, rich, and perversely elegant, Hallows is a reminder of why men once feared the dark.’

I definitely get cocoa and vetiver and perhaps woody notes from it. Very pleasing as the weather turns colder and leaves fall.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just used my vintage (second year) Hallows and AS.

I didn't get the EdC; the AS was enough. But a gourmand cologne called Animale Animale goes with it nicely; allegedly a chocolate scent.

With my luck, I'll get probably get bitten now by some random crazy chick. :07: Hopefully not possessed or witchy.

AA

Top Bottom