What's new

Favorite Fall Soaps

I'll throw in CFG's Sherlock as well - a foggy London evening in the library, with a freshly opened copy of The Times in front of a crackling fire. And the game's afoot!

CF should use your description on their web site!

I'm new to scents with tobacco. In Sherlock, did CF go for tobacco leaf instead of pipe smoke? I have Sherlock in the Silk base and I'm not getting the pipe smoke. Are there similar scents from other vendors?

I like the idea of it and I've only used it two times so far so maybe the more I use it the more I'll be able to pick out the different notes.

Stirling Pumpkin Spice is fantastic.

My girlfriend says I’m basic because I even bought the pumpkin spice shaving cream. Can’t...stop..... so... good....

I have kaizen and it's a fantastic soap, but I don't think it really fits in with being a fall scent. I would say murphy & mcneil ouroboros if you don't mind the incense smell which seems to be a love it, or hate it type of scent. It's fairly spicy, but I really like it and it performs very well.

CF should use your description on their web site!

I'm new to scents with tobacco. In Sherlock, did CF go for tobacco leaf instead of pipe smoke? I have Sherlock in the Silk base and I'm not getting the pipe smoke. Are there similar scents from other vendors?

I like the idea of it and I've only used it two times so far so maybe the more I use it the more I'll be able to pick out the different notes.

To me, sort of a generic cured tobacco note, slightly floral and in the background.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
First day of Fall is not far off.

Come Sept. 21-22, it's game on for these!

I cheated, ah, previewed today with Darkfall. Good stuff.

AA

I just used Stirling Hot Apple Cider for the first time because the weather is starting to cool off. I couldn't imagine if I would like an Apple / Apple Cider scented soap and AS and I loved it. It was very refreshing and really captured one of the signature smells of fall (for me).

It's hard for me to rank the Stirling fall scents because they have all been outstanding so far. If I absolutely had to rank them I would put them like this:

1. Ozark
2. Pumpkin Spice
3. Autumn Glory
4.Gatlinburg

The rank differences are all artificial because the top three are all nearly tied for first. I have to use Gatlinburg a few more times. I can't figure this one out - I'm not quite sure what I'm smelling. Sometimes I need to see what scents are supposed to be there on trythatsoap.com so I can connect my head and nose.

PAA, Big Shave S’West 2019
Henri et Victoria, Cognac and Cuban Cigars
DG/Chatillon Lux, Unconditional Surrender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering I recently bought soaps with fall in mind:
CBL Master Barber Dragons Blood
CBL Premium Iron Throne
CBL Tonsorial Smokey Mountain Cedar

I've been dipping into the stash hard already, and it has been good.

I just used Stirling Hot Apple Cider for the first time because the weather is starting to cool off. I couldn't imagine if I would like an Apple / Apple Cider scented soap and AS and I loved it. It was very refreshing and really captured one of the signature smells of fall (for me).

It's hard for me to rank the Stirling fall scents because they have all been outstanding so far. If I absolutely had to rank them I would put them like this:

1. Ozark
2. Pumpkin Spice
3. Autumn Glory
4.Gatlinburg

The rank differences are all artificial because the top three are all nearly tied for first. I have to use Gatlinburg a few more times. I can't figure this one out - I'm not quite sure what I'm smelling. Sometimes I need to see what scents are supposed to be there on trythatsoap.com so I can connect my head and nose.

I ordered these exact 4 soaps from stirling last week. Waiting for them to arrive.

I ordered these exact 4 soaps from stirling last week. Waiting for them to arrive.

Those are all on my list too! I'm trying to decide if I should just order them, or wait until their Christmas products come out and just do one big order of 6 of 8 fall/winter soaps all at once.

Those are all on my list too! I'm trying to decide if I should just order them, or wait until their Christmas products come out and just do one big order of 6 of 8 fall/winter soaps all at once.

Think traditionally the Stirling Christmas collection doesn't come out until November so you might miss some of the prime autumn time if you decide to wait!

Funny thing is I forgot to include Hot Apple Cider in my rankings! :) It would still be nearly tie for first like the others. I think Stirling really hit it out of the park with these fall scents.

Funny thing is I forgot to include Hot Apple Cider in my rankings! :) It would still be nearly tie for first like the others. I think Stirling really hit it out of the park with these fall scents.

Used to have this one as well (my favorite Stirling Fall, with Autumn Glory a close second); hopeful it might return as a seasonal:

Stirling-Soap-Co-Red-Delicious-Artisan-Shaving-Soap-5oz-1-768x768.jpg

Top Bottom