What's new

Favorite evergreen forest scented soap/splash?

What's your favorite soap/splash with an evergreen forest forward scent? Would love to try something with some complexity but where the evergreen notes remain the star of the show.

I've got Stirling's Coniferous and Southern Witchcrafts' Carpathia. Coniferous smells like straight up of pine needles, even burnt pine needles to my nose. I like it but it's pretty straight forward and I find that it doesn't have a lot of staying power. Carpathia is a fantastic, complex scent with a lot of staying power. Love it but the evergreen notes aren't necessarily taking the lead.

Hope this is OK in the Soaps forum. If feel like the Fragrances section is really more about colognes and thus that's what I would see in the answers. I'm definitely looking for soap/splash sets.

B&M Taiga is really good. I have coniferous and not a big fan. Smells burned to me. I believe the scent in coniferous is all Essential oils.

Captain's Choice North, and Eigengrau from Barrister & Mann. Also from them Muir Wood is a great forest scent. I'm always looking these kind of scents also. I love Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia.

Eigengrau is discontinued it's from 2019 -2020 season and what retailers have on hand is the last of it. That was Will the owners response when I asked about it. Taiga I'm not sure but I wanna try it! I see it on some shops still.

Are B&M Taiga and Eigengrau discontinued or just temporarily unavailable?
You could email B&M. I'm not sure if he's bringing Taiga back-its not listed on the schedule for this year. Last year he released Taiga in omnibus around December. Here is this years schedule:

November 22nd (Formerly November 15th)

• Vespers (Fern, Bergamot, Mousse de Saxe, Cranberry, Cardamom, Balsam): Shaving soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, EdT, bath soap, with limited quantities of refill bars available from Barrister and Mann only (for now).
  • Smoking Bishop (Wine, Orange, Grapefruit, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Tobacco): Shaving soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, with limited quantities of refill bars available from Barrister and Mann only (for now).
  • Nordost Bath Soap
  • Figarose Bath Soap

December 2nd

• Atomic Holiday (Pineapple, Lime, Bergamot, Ozone, Labdanum): Shaving soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, bath soap, with limited quantities of refill bars available from Barrister and Mann only (for now).
  • Fougère Classique (Citrus, Lavender, Oakmoss, Tonka, Rose, Ylang, Benzoin, Patchouli, Vetiver, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Jasmine):Shaving soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, bath soap, with limited quantities of refill bars available from Barrister and Mann only (for now).

Bit of a different option but I like Chiseled Face Pine Tar. The scent isn’t pine tar at all - it is pine sap, pure and simple. And Chiseled Face soaps are one of my favourites.

Otherwise I would have said Southern Witchcraft Carpathia, which you already have. Equally great soap base and scents as Chiseled Face, but I agree Carpathia isn’t a classic pine forest scent.

FWIW, and it might still be available, Ginger's Garden Evergreen shave soap!
Best Ever Evergreen, IMHO!
gingers evergreen rudy vey hart steel shorty castle forbes 1805 penhaligon english fern septem...jpg

Enjoying Moon Astoria at this very moment. Definitely going to be a frequent winter/holiday go-to.

a complex aquatic-woodsy scent with an evergreen crispness that will give you the feeling of being in a forest of Douglas Fir on the Oregon coast where a cool, brisk breeze blows across the water

Story checks out :)

Might fly OK in the summer for outdoorsy days as well (we'll see).

astoria_02_.jpg

Finally got my hands on B&M Muire Wood and Eigengrau. Not really what i was looking for. Not picking up any strong pine notes. These might end up int he B-S-T forum soon.

Enjoying Moon Astoria at this very moment. Definitely going to be a frequent winter/holiday go-to.

Story checks out :)

Might fly OK in the summer for outdoorsy days as well (we'll see).

View attachment 1561164
It’s a real nice place where they’re living. It snows in winter there.

“Where is it?”

At the school where i saw em. Astoria elementary school. It’s in astoria. Oregon.

“Oregon. You didn’t tell anyone you were coming here, did you?”

No. I’m not stupid, Mr. Krisp.

“You’re not?? “ (pew pew)

“DANNY? DANNY! NO DANNY!!!!”

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
MacDuff’s Kananaskis Explorer might be a good one for you too, and a super nourishing soap base. Scent is balsam pine, juniper berries, blue spruce, pine needles, tree resin and patchouli. It’s bracing and kinda Canadian Rockies.
Kananaskis. That's where the Olympic village was for the Calgary winter games. No idea why I remember that.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It’s a real nice place where they’re living. It snows in winter there.

“Where is it?”

At the school where i saw em. Astoria elementary school. It’s in astoria. Oregon.

“Oregon. You didn’t tell anyone you were coming here, did you?”

No. I’m not stupid, Mr. Krisp.

“You’re not?? “ (pew pew)

“DANNY? DANNY! NO DANNY!!!!”
Funny. When I saw that photo of Astoria soap my first reaction was that I would never associate the smell of a pine forest with a neighborhood of Queens. My east coast perspective.

Top Bottom