What's new

Favorite energy drink.

I get a terrific electrolyte and vitamin boost from packets of Emergen-C. Having been doing this for about a year now.

And coffee, of course.

I like NOS and Full Throttle as well as the Unleaded Monster. At $0.17/can (my cost), I've found myself drinking more of these than I should lately. I've never tried Red Bulls or Rock stars.

I used to love NOS... Until Health Canada said no more to the bottles. Now all we have are the cans, and they just don't taste quite the same. Also, it was nice to have one BIG bottle of energy drink for a long night gaming (or benching) session, and they especially helped push for another hour or three when benching while keeping you reasonably alert (kind of have to when you're playing with dry ice as it only takes a few seconds for frostbite to set in).

I usually only drink them when I'm dragging on swing or mid shift, but I like the yellow Monster Rehabs or the Ultra Blue Monsters.
half and half tea & lemonade is my favourite of the rehabs reminds me of a Arnold Palmer and kick of monster

I spoke with a woman last week who had lost her husband. Since she was fairly young, I asked her what happened. Her husband got up off the couch and was dead before he hit the floor. She said her husband had been drinking energy drinks and the high level of potassium caused his heart to stop. I have not searched this out, but if you use these drinks, investigate them and use everything in moderation.

I spoke with a woman last week who had lost her husband. Since she was fairly young, I asked her what happened. Her husband got up off the couch and was dead before he hit the floor. She said her husband had been drinking energy drinks and the high level of potassium caused his heart to stop. I have not searched this out, but if you use these drinks, investigate them and use everything in moderation.

I don't really think any of them particularly use potassium, much less high levels of it. They do identify potassium benzoate or potassium citrate, which are preservatives. I don't believe either would cause the issues you are discussing. Not a doctor though.

You're completely right about moderation though. Goes for shaving stuff too.

My favorite energy drink is a cup of PG Tips tea with sugar -- this both tastes great and re-energizes me. I have tried some canned energy drinks, but they mostly taste unpleasant to me.

Since caffeine and sugar seem to be the main ingredients for most energy drinks, I prefer a coffee or tea based beverage. I hear good things about ginseng, but the "earthy" taste puts a lot of people off. I've used the ground ginseng root capsules with good effect, but most of the available energy drinks with ginseng contain only a very small amount of the herb -- they rely on caffeine and sugar for their BOOST effect.

The main reason I prefer ginseng is that it hasn't affected my sleep, nor made me at all jittery.

My energy drink now is black coffee with coconut oil. I dropped pre-energy mixes about 3 years ago cause they made me palpitate and the energy boost didn't feel natural.

My "energy" drink used to be Pepsi but then I got diagnosed with diabetes last year so I had to cut soft drinks out of my diet. Since then, my go-to drink is sparkling water with a twist of lime of which I'll drink 3 to 4, 12 ounce bottles per day. Or if I need a quick boost in the morning, a cup of strong black coffee.

Top Bottom