What's new

Favorite Desserts?

Risalamande.

I'm half danish and grew up on this stuff. Now my family enjoys it every Christmas.

We always make it with strawberry and I enjoy it with cold topping vs warm.

IMG_20181225_191102_01.jpg

Here is generic recipe as we can't share our Danish family one

May i suggest keto cheesecake?

View attachment 1545721
whats funny is I used to love Brie (reckon that is it) and now I do not like it at all :) I am loving goat cheese though which I never liked before :) hahahaah kinda odd how taste have changed over the years :)
blue cheese was a no and still a no though ! so some things stay the same

that does look good though from past love of it :)

An Italian restaurant that doesn’t have spumoni shouldn’t be called an Italian restaurant.
What about an Italian restaurant that doesn’t have spumoni or cannolis? Oh the humanity! (in the Hindenburg announcer voice) that’s definitely not an Italian restaurant. I’m not a big fan of cannoli but still. Spumoni is decent though

My wife is a fantastic baker. Good for my tastebuds, bad for my waistline. One of my favorites is pecan pie.
before I changed no sugar eating :)

Pecan and Key Lime were my two fav pies
tied really since they are so different but my Bday treat (Jul) every year was Key Lime and the Pecan was always a Thanksgiving and Christmas treat
and Pumpkin was up there also but in 3rd behind those two

My wife is a fantastic baker. Good for my tastebuds, bad for my waistline. One of my favorites is pecan pie.

Don't think I ever tried pecan pie. Tend to stay away from super sweet deserts these days. Taste changed as I slip into codger-hood.

A wife who is a good cook is wealth beyond measure. You are a fortunate man sir.

In my family, it seems great coffee ice cream was the law for a proper dessert. Back in my California stoner days, a trip to Haagen-Dazs' local ice cream shop to get their coffee ice cream with their hot fudge (extra please, and thank you) was God. I also have a long time love affair with great lemon meringue pie, blueberry pie, and tiramisu. Then there's a great NYC cheese cake, lemon Bundt cakes, and my Mom's recipe for ice box cookie cakes made with coffee flavored whipped cream. Now that I don't smoke weed, life is rather dessertless.

If you like pecan pie then you might want to try a derby pie
I do like that as well, but my wife doesn't like walnuts. That's a restaurant treat. Another favorite of mine is Angel Food Cake. My youngest daughter actually made that from scratch for me one year, going through two dozen eggs after she mixed the first batch with yolks.

Top Bottom