What's new

Favorite D.R. Harris scent

I currently have Marlborough and I'm curious to add another scent. I don't need more soaps, but I really like the performance and scent of this soap. What is your favorite Harris scent that you could recommend to me? thanks

A few years ago I would have recommended Arlington but today I much prefer Windsor - in AS balms only though... :001_smile

I'd give my opinion, but I think there's way too much variance between opinions on D.R. Harris for any one's opinion to be useful to you. My advice is to spend the few dollars and buy samples of all their scents via cream samples from Maggard's.

I have found that performance has been the same across the Harris line... and with winter around the corner, I would suggest Sandalwood.

I've had Harris soaps in Almond, Marlborough, Lavender, Windsor and Arlington. I get tired of scents quickly so Almond is my favorite because it has almost no scent.

I've had Harris soaps in Almond, Marlborough, Lavender, Windsor and Arlington. I get tired of scents quickly so Almond is my favorite because it has almost no scent.
+1!
I remember this now - it's been a few years since I used a Harris soap. On the other hand I started using them in 1980...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'd give my opinion, but I think there's way too much variance between opinions on D.R. Harris for any one's opinion to be useful to you. My advice is to spend the few dollars and buy samples of all their scents via cream samples from Maggard's.

I have to echo this.

For me, it's Arlington--hands down. However, you'll find someone that likes each and every one.

Windsor.
No. Sandalwood.
No. Marlborough
Well, back to Windsor.
Forget Lavender, Almond, which are OK but not remarkable.
Windsor is it!
No, changed my mind, Sandalwood.
Ah, forget it!
Get whatever!
Enjoy!

proxy.php

sounds like a good idea

Arlington is great for the summer. It's bright and crisp. I do enjoy Windsor which for me is a fall/winter fragrance. To me though Arlington is their best work. Then again, anything from D.R. Harris is pretty darn good.

I have found that performance has been the same across the Harris line... and with winter around the corner, I would suggest Sandalwood.

I have Sandalwood by TOBS & Proraso, and although I'm sure Harris is probably superior (at least in slickness and overall performance), I want to try a different scent. I've heard Arlington described as more of a 'summer' scent, at least it sounds like that to me. I might be wrong on that, as I've not had the opportunity to smell it. I'm curious about Windsor, and may just order it. I have lots of soaps, including Icoloniali, Tabac, Cella and Proraso. As well as the Harris Marlborough. Is it SSAD to order soaps primarily for different scents??

I have Sandalwood by TOBS & Proraso, and although I'm sure Harris is probably superior (at least in slickness and overall performance), I want to try a different scent. I've heard Arlington described as more of a 'summer' scent, at least it sounds like that to me. I might be wrong on that, as I've not had the opportunity to smell it. I'm curious about Windsor, and may just order it. I have lots of soaps, including Icoloniali, Tabac, Cella and Proraso. As well as the Harris Marlborough. Is it SSAD to order soaps primarily for different scents??

I order soaps based on performance and very rarely feel the need to try anything new these days. Due to the fact that many of us either order via the internet or shop when we are travelling, it is normal to have some kind of stockpile at home. What is this SSAD of which you speak? :lol:

Arlington is great and to me it is a summer scent (I 3017 my soaps). It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Windsor is very like TdH- and I agree with that wholeheartedly. Either way it is tough to make a bad choice.

The Marlborough is IT!!! Any day, any season,... just clean, masculine, warm, and subtle! Does not "conflict" with one's choice of aftershave!

I agree with earlier comments that Almond is a favorite because it is a great performing soap but fairly neutral in scent. Great combination as far as I'm concerned.

My second choice would be Windsor.

Marlborough is OK, but I no longer care for the Arlington scent.

Any other scents I have not tried and I am not a Sandalwood fan no matter the brand.

Top Bottom