What's new

Favorite Cookware

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Love the Technivorm coffee maker!

I can’t help fighting this strange feeling that I should have a Le Creuset Dutch oven, despite having two Staub‘s that work perfectly fine. What kind of marketing power does Le Creuset have that makes me feel that way?
Hold firm! As pricey as LC has become, you can get a copper daubiere on eBay or Etsy! That will satisfy the need for another cool large pot AND serve as a gateway drug to old, tinned copper!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hold firm! As pricey as LC has become, you can get a copper daubiere on eBay or Etsy! That will satisfy the need for another cool large pot AND serve as a gateway drug to old, tinned copper!
There was a time when I had a beautiful, copper set. It was absolutely amazing. I think I ordered it from the Spiegel catalog or Williams Sonoma or something like that. That was about 25 years ago. It all got sold off during a major downsizing and it doesn’t work on induction. So I have cured myself of that desire and moved on to clad and carbon pieces.

My aluminum nonstick frypans only lasts me less than 3 years on average before the coating wears off no matter which brand I've used among many. This being the case I have multiple backups. I wanted something that would last longer. Cast iron was too slow in heating up. I was unaware of stainless try-ply cookware until reading this thread. I bought some stainless Tramontina cookware and I couldn't be happier. The heat up time is quick, seems like it will last longer because there's no coating that wears off, and I don't have to worry about any residual coating getting in my food.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Demeyere Atlantis.

Outstanding design and build quality, induction compatible. Not cheap. Made in Belgium.

2.6 Qt. Saucier
I can’t remember if I mentioned this, perhaps in a different thread, but have I told you that I’ve acquired a crap ton of Demeyere Atlantis/Proline cookware? Absolutely love this stuff!

Top Bottom