What's new

Favorite Cologne/Perfume of the 80s

Is it the same as back in the 80s? I would love to try a bottle but I read that it's not the same.
It's not the same because the Oakmoss content is much different so the scent no longer lingers for several days like it used to.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Insignia - it even had a cheap and tacky mock-up of a Rolling Stones song in the adverts....

#
I used to wake each morning, and really go to town
Here and there with different smells, you'd know when I'm around
But now there's new Insignia - And it's all over now

Insignia's got everything, shampoo to shower gel
Deodorant and aftershave with one all over smell
So now there's new Insignia - And it's all over now
#

+1
Yesssss, loved this stuff!

I used to rock Delon's Iquitos... even while hanging out with Spuds MacKenzie.
Recently found a vintage bottle of Iquitos in a boutique and I must say it's very unique and alluring. That's one of the things I miss most about scents from that period is that the market wasn't flooded with a bunch of fragrances that all smelled similar. Nothing else smelled like Iquitos, but we could also say the same about Antaeus, or Kouros, or Xeryus, or Dunhill Edition. If Iquitos were released now, 2 months later they'd release Iquitos black, then Iquitos Intense, followed by Iquitos Extreme. What modern fragrance companies don't realize is that if you do it right the first time, you don't need to flood the market with mediocre versions just to milk the name for all it's worth.

Been enjoying ODL Pour Lui lately. Nice scent. Reformulation is not terribly strong anymore. You can use 2to 3 sprays.

i started with " brut de fabergé" then "pierre cardin monsieur" and pierre balmain " monsieur balmain"(sadly it have been reformulated) still use the cardin sometimes in winter and balmain in summer .balmain is sometimes difficult to find since it's a popular fragrance now wear by women's ,funny for a product call monsieur ,times have changed!!! i always have compliments with ever scents.

Top Bottom