What's new

Favorite Cocktail Glass?

Sure, we all like to unwind with our favorite drink after work. But for those of you who like a good cocktail, do you have a favorite brand/model of cocktail glass that you like to use? I love a glass of Knob Creek in a heavy, textured glass—the weight of the glass adds to the experience, in my opinion. But I’ve never given it much thought to search for particular styles and brands. So, I’d like to hear what others like to use.

Bourbon is usually consumed out of one of these...
proxy.php

Reidel Vinum Gourmet Glass

Single Malt Whisky out of one of these...
proxy.php

Reidel Vinum Single Malt Whisky Glass

I have to disagree with the above statement.

Usually a tumbler is used for a dram. That wine glass looking thing you have posted may be used as a taster, but I would bet cash money that 99.999999% of single malt is enjoyed from a tumbler such as this classic from Edinburgh Crystal.

proxy.php

Mine are much like this one and agree with the OP that a good quality glass with a bit of heft to it adds to the experience.

I'm partial to the Nambe Tilt glasses we picked up in Santa Fe. Plenty heavy, and the tilt accuentates the, um, effect of the beverage... :wink:

My favorite, as seen here with a pre-Trout dinner and a salad, is a Glade Scented Candle glass. 4oz is the perfect size for a Bourbon on the rocks and a G&T, plus you get a free candle out of the deal. :wink: Of course a Martini requires a proper Martini glass, an Absinthe has it's own glassware and I have a few highballs around for various other mixers, but day in and day out the candle glass is my favorite.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Usually a tumbler is used for a dram. That wine glass looking thing you have posted may be used as a taster, but I would bet cash money that 99.999999% of single malt is enjoyed from a tumbler such as this classic from Edinburgh Crystal.

proxy.php

Mine are much like this one and agree with the OP that a good quality glass with a bit of heft to it adds to the experience.

Well not quite sure what you are disagreeing with. I was merely stating what I usually use. I do have some crystal tumblers like the ones you have posted, however I don't use them very often. To each his own though. I definitely don't have a problem drinking out of a tumbler, I just prefer the others. :001_smile

Well not quite sure what you are disagreeing with. I was merely stating what I usually use. I do have some crystal tumblers like the ones you have posted, however I don't use them very often. To each his own though. I definitely don't have a problem drinking out of a tumbler, I just prefer the others. :001_smile

Its the semantics of the post. You stated what 'is' usually used, not what 'I', being you, usually use.

Thats all. :wink:

Its the semantics of the post. You stated what 'is' usually used, not what 'I', being you, usually use.

Thats all. :wink:

Thanks for all of your input, lads!

When I first read Bob's first post, I thought the same thing. But as I scrolled down--and before I read his second post--I realized his what he was saying. The written word can so easily be misinterpreted. I'm glad the men who peruse B&B are gentlemen and don’t resort to insulting each other for minor misunderstandings.

I have a birthday coming up, so maybe I'll pick up something special and post them here. In the meantime, enjoy your drinks and keep the recommendations coming.

I have some C&B glasses I really like. Other than that a coffee mug works. I don't much care as long as it doesn't leak. Boy does that sound ghetto.

I often do drink wine out of a coffee mug or regular glass. That goes back to being a kid. I'm Italian and my family didn't bust out wine glasses for table wine. At least not all the time. Anyhow...

proxy.php

I don't dispute that most people do use tumblers but an expert will tell you that tasting glasses like Bob has will produce better flavor. But a tumbler does always look cool even if it pretty much worthless for nosing and not that much better for tasting.

I forget what brand they are, but I have two double-walled glasses that have a wide air pocket between the outer glass and the inner container. I like them a lot but they scratch easily.

I always drink my rye whiskey old fashioneds or rye manhattans out of some lowball glasses I got free with a bottle of Isle of Jura scotch. I like the square-ish shape of them and I always thought drinking any sort of cocktail was best in a lowball.

Gentlemen...

For a truly perfect martini.. you need it to be ICE COLD. Nothing keeps my martinis colder than metal glasses. The Playboy logo is the just that fitting touch to let the ladies know whats up. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom