What's new

Favorite clone fragrances?

Ive always used Drakkar noir , Polo (green), Armani (aqua edt) I’m reading on some of these sites that have clone fragrances. Stirling and Captains both have takes on creed colognes. How close are they to the real deals? Any recommendations on some new fragrances for me based on what I like that I mentioned above? Thanks

Belcam's version of Polo Green in my opinion is maybe better than the original when it comes down to longevity and it is very close to the very original version I remember as a kid

I just picked up G'eau, the Belcam knockoff of Aqua di Gio. It actually smells great, excellent copy, but lasts no more than an hour and a half before it becomes a skin scent. Guess now I have a nice room and bathroom spray, or just something quick to spritz on for a refresher.

A little bit OT here, but I just bought two clones/dupes for my daughter.
Less than 15 Euros a bottle and almost spitting image of the originals.
La Rive Lady Diamond and La Rive Cute.
Lady Diamond is as close as possible to Paco Rabanne Lady Million and Cute is very close to, but a bit sweeter than, Chloe by Chloe.

I don't know how La Rive's after shaves and colognes for men are but I think I will buy some and try them out.
Anyone here tried La Rive?

Btw, La Rive is the new "owner" of Miraculum's Brutal fragrances.

Stirling scents are great. Sandpiper is so good on its own, can't imagine the original being better. I love Executive Man splash, it pairs well with Aventus.

They don't have Polo Red or Polo Supreme Oud. You have to get those on amazon. The do have Polo Green, blue, black, Obsession for Men, Savage and Drakkar clones.
I went straight to Belcam and got two, D&G Light Blue and Lauren Supreme Oud versions for less than $21 shipped. At the time Amazon was about $28 with no shipping. Belcam had them to me in three days. I now do more research before buying from Amazon, and no longer buy from them unless they are the only source for what I intend to purchase. My wife saved a bit more than ten dollars going thru Best Buy instead of Amazon for an iPad cover recently.

Some of the newer Bath and Bodywork's men's scents are riffs on designers. Midnight is most definitely their take on the Dior Sauvage DNA. Graphite is in that Aqua di Gio camp. Noir revolves around the idea of Armani Code. Bourbon heads in the direction of D&G The One but doesn't quite get there. So, not clones per se, but not super original scents either. There's a new Amber body wash that would be killer as a cologne (it's different than their Dark Amber from several years ago).

Our local Drug Store chain Discount Drug Mart sells the Belcam line for around $8 a piece. I went to pick up their Polo Supreme Oud (mostly to compare to the original) but they stopped carrying it. The clerk told me they were bringing in some new Belcams so I'll have to stop by soon and see what she was talking about.

Our local Drug Store chain Discount Drug Mart sells the Belcam line for around $8 a piece. I went to pick up their Polo Supreme Oud (mostly to compare to the original) but they stopped carrying it. The clerk told me they were bringing in some new Belcams so I'll have to stop by soon and see what she was talking about.
The Supreme Oud Belcam is nice. Deep, strong and long lasting. The cinnamon, patchouli and incense in it make it well worth buying. One squirt to the back of my wrists, then rub on my neck and chest will have you smelling mysteriously good all day. My bottle will last likely several years for how often I wear it and how little is needed. I don't know how it compares to the Lauren version, though. If you dig oriental woody/spicy stuff, it is worth owning for the price. I also picked up the Belcam version of D&G Light Blue. It is a soft aquatic at first, but the drydown is a smooth musk, which actually is nicer than the original. I am glad I picked up both, and would say they both would be rebought when that time arrives. I will go straight to Belcam for those, fair pricing and shipping, IMO. They have maybe thirty versions to choose from.

Last edited:
Someone on here was commenting how good the Beverly Hills Polo Club dupe called Blaze is a great spice bomb clone. I don’t know what the original EDT is actually called. My wife and I are really enjoying the Novelist soap from A&E/the club and that scent is inspired by the spice bomb EDT. I have hit the tj maxx and Marshall’s around here and have not found a full size bottle but can confirm the scent is quite nice. I then checked on the bay and found a 3 pack of the full size EDTs from BHPC for $26 shipped.

This should serve me well as I am not a Frag guy so much, but I like this scent and it works well with a good amount of the shave soap scents that I use.

Keep the good dupes coming though. Always nice to know where I can save a few $. If anyone knows a spot on dupe for the original D&G EDT, not the light blue, I would love to be aware of it.

That is my favorite clone of tom ford tobacco vanille. it is strong. I dilute it in rubbing alcohol to 15 percent oil and it is still incredibly strong.

I've been curious about checking out Oil Perfumery Impressions.. as a way to get familiar with many of the more expensive niche fragrances that I will never buy.. they have great prices and are pretty well reviewed.

I've been curious about checking out Oil Perfumery Impressions.. as a way to get familiar with many of the more expensive niche fragrances that I will never buy.. they have great prices and are pretty well reviewed.

That one I linked is great. But definitely dilute it with alcohol. I love it. Smells just like stirling Haverford.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Clone scents certainly allow folks who are not members of the 'Billionaire Shavers Club' to experience a variety of scents that would be otherwise out of reach. :)

A friend of mine just gave me a bottle of La Rive Password eau de toilette.
It's a really nice Armani Code clone, a few of my workmates actually believed it was
Armani Code I had sprayed on.

I have a bunch of the EAD (Dollar Tree) clones. The one I like most is called Enthral, which is a clone of Gucci Envy.

I'm really digging the Belcam (Walmart) clones. I have their G eau (Acqua di Gio clone) and Gladiator (Invictus clone). The Gladiator comes very close to the real thing, and I get 5-6 hours of wear. Not bad for $8.

My son just bought a clone of his favorite cologne.
Chatler Balderdash, a spitting image of Hugo Boss Baldessarini.
Impossible to tell them apart. IMG_20200403_120307.jpg

Top Bottom