What's new

Favorite clone fragrances?

Longevity is impressive for the price.
Don't expect 8 hours on just two sprays.
I spray it on my wrists and both sides of my neck, and a quick spray on my chest and it stayes on me for about 4-6 hours depending on the weather and temperature.
I did try it once with an extra spray on my shirt, and the smell stayed on my shirt for the whole day.
Thank you, I will see if local drugstore has it

Poslano sa mog Redmi 6A koristeći Tapatalk

I found original AdG and La Rive's Aqua in local drugstore. I have mixed opinion on both of them. In my opinion AdG smells nice, people complain about longevity but after 7-8 hours I can still smell it but only on my skin. Some reviews say that original was reformulated and watered down. Whenever one scent gets reformulated fans of it go crazy and bash the new version. However, and this is my opinion, because it only smells nice price of 75€ for small bottle is not justified. I understand that original is the best selling scent ever but I'd rather pay 25€ more and I will do that for less popular and better perfoming scent than AdG. I have also tested La Rive's Aqua. It's close to the original, honestly for that price of ~10€ it's really good purchase so props to you Hak.1963. I really apologise for my grammatical mistakes, I'm just very very tired, every day for the past 2 weeks I've been on a road.

I found original AdG and La Rive's Aqua in local drugstore. I have mixed opinion on both of them. In my opinion AdG smells nice, people complain about longevity but after 7-8 hours I can still smell it but only on my skin. Some reviews say that original was reformulated and watered down. Whenever one scent gets reformulated fans of it go crazy and bash the new version. However, and this is my opinion, because it only smells nice price of 75€ for small bottle is not justified. I understand that original is the best selling scent ever but I'd rather pay 25€ more and I will do that for less popular and better perfoming scent than AdG. I have also tested La Rive's Aqua. It's close to the original, honestly for that price of ~10€ it's really good purchase so props to you Hak.1963. I really apologise for my grammatical mistakes, I'm just very very tired, every day for the past 2 weeks I've been on a road.
No need to apologize, as a swede my English grammar is not very good too 😁
As long as we understand what we mean we don't have to understand what we write...
And I am totally with you on AdG, I too think it has been reformulated somehow, and why not?
It has been a bestseller for decades and I think it's a natural process to evolve the fragrances, and not only with the flankers like AdG Profumo and Absulo.
I usually use my cheap clones at work and/or at the gym and La Rive Aqua is a perfect gym fragrance.

No need to apologize, as a swede my English grammar is not very good too [emoji16]
As long as we understand what we mean we don't have to understand what we write...
And I am totally with you on AdG, I too think it has been reformulated somehow, and why not?
It has been a bestseller for decades and I think it's a natural process to evolve the fragrances, and not only with the flankers like AdG Profumo and Absulo.
I usually use my cheap clones at work and/or at the gym and La Rive Aqua is a perfect gym fragrance.
True, and I like the bottle of La Rive's Aqua. Nice atomizer. I have used clone of Invictus on my office job and a current job. At the office no one noticed it's not original, and perforđance was good, it survived the shift. I'm swimming guy so putting scent before swimmming is useless.

A friend of mine just bought two new clone-fragrances, Christopher Dark Surface (Sauvage) and New Brand Volcano (Terre D'Hermes).
I tried them both and have to say I was pretty impressed with both of them.
Surface is really close to the original Sauvage and it has a good longevity and lasted for a good 6-8 hours.
Volcano is a really nice Woody citrusy fragrance and I just fell in love with the scent. Longevity was not as good as Surface, just 3-4 hours.
But I think I will buy Volcano anyway, the scent is so nice

I'm past sold on Stirling Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man, clones of Creed Aventus and Creed GIT, respectively. They're not just clones that smell similar going on and then fade to something weird, they're genuinely well made scents. I've owned real GIT in different incantations and I'd say SDM is more of a sharper, herbal variety. Great any time, really, and doesn't get cloying in our ridiculous humidity. In fact, real GIT actually could get cloying in that instance.

Executive Man doesn't need any introduction here and for good reason. Really, really nice stuff; the pineapple top notes are impressive. Honestly doesn't last that long on me, but I'm getting a full bottle, anyway, so I'll just reapply when I want lol. It's true about it getting female attention, as well.

I think I'm getting Mountain Man next, which is a clone of Creed Silver Mountain Water. It's been a while since I've smelled that Creed, but Mountain Man is awesome, in it's own right.

I went to a store nearby that sells La Rive perfumes.
I had just showered and had a nice shave right before I drove there.
I went completely natural, no fragrance at all, just some L300 unscented after shave balm.

When I got there I pulled out a La Rive Extreme Story tester, their clone of Dior Sauvage.
One spray each on my forearms, two sprays on my neck and two sprays on my t-shirt.

I can tell you this, it's not a clone of Sauvage but it's very similar, took a while before the pepper came through but it is a beautiful scent.
If you want something that resembles Sauvage and with a good longevity I strongly recommend Extreme Story.
In some ways the scent is actually better than Sauvage, not so much "in yer face" as Sauvage but very very pleasant.

I had this scent on me through the whole day and I even got some complimants from the wife.
She looked a bit puzzled when she asked if I had mixed my Sauvage with something else but she preferred this scent ;)
For just 5-8 Euros this is a real hit.

Next week I will try La Rive Prestige the Man Brown in the same way, and see if it is a good clone of Acqua Di Gio Absulo

Last edited:
I went to a store nearby that sells La Rive perfumes.
I had just showered and had a nice shave right before I drove there.
I went completely natural, no fragrance at all, just some L300 unscented after shave balm.

When I got there I pulled out a La Rive Extreme Story tester, their clone of Dior Sauvage.
One spray each on my forearms, two sprays on my neck and two sprays on my t-shirt.

I can tell you this, it's not a clone of Sauvage but it's very similar, took a while before the pepper came through but it is a beautiful scent.
If you want something that resembles Sauvage and with a good longevity I strongly recommend Extreme Story.
In some ways the scent is actually better than Sauvage, not so much "in yer face" as Sauvage but very very pleasant.

I had this scent on me through the whole day and I even got some complimants from the wife.
She looked a bit puzzled when she asked if I had mixed my Sauvage with something else but she preferred this scent ;)
For just 5-8 Euros this is a real hit.

Next week I will try La Rive Prestige the Man Brown in the same way, and see if it is a good clone of Acqua Di Gio Absulo
Yesterday I sprayed some La Rive Password, I'm not a fan of it just like I'm not a fan of Armani Code, however I have in mind buying Extreme Story, thank you for an insight

@Bookie Just remember that La Rive Extreme Story is NOT a clone of Dior Sauvage, no matter what you can read on the internet.
It is clearly inspired by Sauvage, and in my nose (and my wife's) it's a better fragrance.
Costing just 7 Euros here in Sweden it's a real bargain :)

@Bookie Just remember that La Rive Extreme Story is NOT a clone of Dior Sauvage, no matter what you can read on the internet.
It is clearly inspired by Sauvage, and in my nose (and my wife's) it's a better fragrance.
Costing just 7 Euros here in Sweden it's a real bargain :)
I apologise for not responding earlier, I did not get notification. I know It's not like sauvage. I've tried it earlier, and it's indeed different take or inspired by sauvage, and honestly to me scent is really really good. I want extreme story and not sauvage because only scent I will spend 100€ per 100 mL bottle is Wood by Dsquared2 Llast year I was in Paris and every guy there was wearing Sauvage, you could sniff them 2 streets away, and on top of that lovely lady at ticket office in their subway sold me wrong ticket so I was fined at the exit with 35€ and the guy that fined me was also wearing Sauvage :001_rolle.

Al-Rehab Clones:

Silver (Silver Mountain)
Dakar (Drakkar Noir)
Superman (Jacomo de Jacomo)
Al Fares (CK Eternity)
Avenue (Aventus)
Romantic (Chrome)
For Men (Fierce)
Lord (Lapidus Pour Homme)

Misc:

Flight by Michael Jordan (L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent)
Just Me for Men by Paris Hilton (Acqua di Gio)
Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris (Le Male)
Blue Seduction by Antonio Banderas (Versace Man Eau Fraiche)
S.T. Dupont Noir (S.T. Dupont Noir)
King of Seduction Absolute by Antonio Banderas (Invictus)

Top Bottom