What's new

Favorite Cheap Or Affordable Colognes?

Razorock aftershaves. They contain as much or more fragrance as colognes or even EDTs, at a fraction of the cost, and they smell great.

Yes, I'd like to know more. I haven't tried the RR aftershaves, but I'm impressesd by the quality and value of their products.

RR has Zcent(there cologne) they are called in some of there shave soap fragrances and they last a lot longer than the AS does. I found out that they did not design the cap correctly and if you push it on all the way it hits the spray knob and spits out a tiny bit inside the cap. I leave about a 1/8" or so from pushing it on all the way and it won't hit the pumper. The AS does last 4 to 6 hours as they are a little stronger than your average AS.

Zara has a nice line of scents. Their 9.0 is a good one, "inspired" by Dior Homme. Perhaps that is not a scent for this time of year, but their "Summer Collection" with grapefruit is nice for sunny days. Vibrant Leather if you want to appear a little more "business".

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Old Spice cologne isn't bad. Also Aspen is fairly inexpensive.

Aspen Cologne.jpg

Which poster are you addressing?

I'll take something old school for the record. :biggrin1:

Haha! Looks like I read this wrong! I'm at work and trying to multitask. I've got a massive collection of old school colognes (it's scary) and I have a lot of experience with the affordable ones.

Have you tried Lo-Haiku by PAA? It's a dead ringer for Hai Karate, which I think is the best. The unfamiliar might think it smells like Clubman or Canoe, but it has a lot more going on with it. It's got kind of an amber smell in the base which makes it a lot richer. The intend was create a sensual barbeshop and I think it's amazing. It's my signature scent.

The one that seems to be universally loved is Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui. The idea behind it was to create the image of a night sky with stars.. OdlRPL is a mysterious indigo leather sort of smell that leans into the geranium (think Jovan Sex Appeal but dark blue and more classy). It's discontinued but there is plenty of it out there. The aftershave is hard to find, which is regrettable. I considered converting the EDT into aftershave using some high proof vodka, witch hazel and lotion, but I have put that on hold for the time being. Eventually I may mix it all up and pour it into an Avon decanter, something like the colt revolver or viking horn from the 70's.

Those two are my absolute favorites.

Attachments

• 20191127_172605.jpg
    20191127_172605.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I wasn't asking for suggestions @sharpstar90 , only wondering if I'd missed a post or something ... but I may look into the Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui just for kicks, an appreciated suggestion. Nice assortment you've amassed there, sir!

On principle I will never use any PAA products, thanks.

I'm pretty much set for a while on my frags but I've been thinking about some Guerlain Vetiver, it's been so long I can't remember much about it.

I wasn't asking for suggestions @sharpstar90 , only wondering if I'd missed a post or something ... but I may look into the Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui just for kicks. Nice assortment you've amassed there, sir!

On principle I will never use any PAA products, thanks.

I'm pretty much set for a while on my frags but I've been thinking about some Guerlain Vetiver, it's been so long I can't remember much about it.
I understand, thanks! Guerlain vetiver is one I always meant to get around to. Never smelled it. Supposedly, Harrison Ford wore it.

i didnt like guerlain vetiver at first, its a green vetiver vs a dark earthy one. and im not a big fan of coriander... but i like it now!!! its is affordable worth the blind buy

i didnt like guerlain vetiver at first, its a green vetiver vs a dark earthy one. and im not a big fan of coriander... but i like it now!!! its is affordable worth the blind buy
Thanks for the info. That sounds nice! The earthy variety can get a little obnoxious. A case in point would be Encre Noire. But green vetiver sounds great, especially if it's embedded in an old school cologne framework.

I need to put that on my list, along with Habit Rouge.

...I've got a massive collection of old school colognes (it's scary) and I have a lot of experience with the affordable ones.
Very impressive collection you have. I spy some of my vintage drug-store favourites on the shelf, such as Canoe, British Sterling, High Karate and Jade East, but I could never get enough of Paul Sebastian...went through several bottles!

Top Bottom