What's new

Favorite Cheap Or Affordable Colognes?

If I may ask, how woody is Encre Noir and how long does it last? I like woody scents, and I have small bottle of Wood by dsquared2, but as much as I loved old Rocky Mountains and I do like new scent I've realized that price per 100 mL is not justified, and projection is not that long, however I really like the smell. I'm making a list of everyday colognes for work after I use up this rotation.

Calvin Klein shock is very cheap even for a 6.7 oz has a nice tobacco smell. Several of Jacques Bogart colognes can be had for very cheap and the projection on these is very good. Armaf and lomani make good clones. Aqua Quorum Antonio Puig is an amazing polo sport clone and can be had for very cheap. 4711 is amazing I just wish it lasted longer, it smells like tom ford neroli portofino.
90210 metal jeans, or lucky no 6(Dior Fahrenheit)
Just me paris hilton/perry ellis red 360(aqua di gio)

Last edited:
Now that it's hitting 90 degrees here in Virginia, I've been reaching for my Nautica Voyage more. I wear it all summer long. For me it's summer in a bottle and only runs about $14 for 100ml. Definitely worth a blind buy if you're looking for a light summer fragrance.

Even newer old spice is decent.
I picked up my first bottle of OS aftershave a few weeks ago, after not using it since the 1990s. I was so disappointed at the weakness of the scent.

I'll look for the cologne to see if that's any better but I just don't have much faith. I plan on searching for a clone and buying that.

I picked up a bottle of Stirling Barbershop EdT and it's an exact match to the soap. About $20 if I remember. I'm going to buy a bunch of their samples because they do clones real well.

Back in the winter with some Kohl's cash I was able to pick up some Drakkar at a really good price. When TJ Maxx re-opens around here I plan on getting some Nautica and Cool Water.

I love my Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood aftershave (great scent and performance), and they have the straight Bay Rum in a cologne at a really good price.

Halston 1-12 [always under 20 bux]
Halston Z-14
Jovan Musk
Florida Water
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia
Bentley Intense
Jaipur Homme

List covers all seasons

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
All of the Belcam clone scents are great and quite reasonably priced.

Lagerfeld Classic, Preferred Stock, the Pinaud Clubman Colognes (Special Reserve, Citrus Musk, Musk, etc.) are other Colognes that are pleasing and cost effective.

I picked up my first bottle of OS aftershave a few weeks ago, after not using it since the 1990s. I was so disappointed at the weakness of the scent.

I'll look for the cologne to see if that's any better but I just don't have much faith. I plan on searching for a clone and buying that.

I picked up a bottle last year of the AS and I am having a hard time to get myself to use it. 30+ years ago I never used AS so much I just used OS cologne for AS and loved the smell. I was just about out and a couple years ago when I scored some OS shaving mugs off the bay the person had nearly a full bottle of OS cologne in the lot and i couldn't resist. I don't use it much since I want it to last until I depart but you can't beat vintage OS cologne. I am glad I found it then because after buying the present day AS there is no way I would buy the cologne they make now.

I have a few different colognes now but vintage OS will always be #1 in my book. I would have to say my next favorite is Aqua Velva Musk AS/Cologne. I picked up a bottle last year and the only bad thing is it is in a plastic bottle, other than that it smells the same as it did in the 80's.

I picked up a bottle last year of the AS and I am having a hard time to get myself to use it. 30+ years ago I never used AS so much I just used OS cologne for AS and loved the smell. I was just about out and a couple years ago when I scored some OS shaving mugs off the bay the person had nearly a full bottle of OS cologne in the lot and i couldn't resist. I don't use it much since I want it to last until I depart but you can't beat vintage OS cologne. I am glad I found it then because after buying the present day AS there is no way I would buy the cologne they make now.

I have a few different colognes now but vintage OS will always be #1 in my book. I would have to say my next favorite is Aqua Velva Musk AS/Cologne. I picked up a bottle last year and the only bad thing is it is in a plastic bottle, other than that it smells the same as it did in the 80's.
Beware of plastic bottles! Many complain that any scent turns bad after a relatively short period of time. I tend to agree. Lilac Vegetal is a notable example.

The Aqua Velva I moved from the plastic bottle to pump spray glass bottle. I moved a few others also. I ended up with 2 bottles of Aqua Velva Musk so they both didn't fit in the glass bottle so I am using it up what little bit is left from the plastic bottle first. Scent doesn't seem to have lost anything or gone bad.

Top Bottom